1 reply to this topic

#1 Auri

Auri

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:48 AM

I use Windows 10 Pro and every time I connect using Eddie I saw the following "toast" warning:

ipv6 is disabled at OS level.JPG

The Wi-Fi properties had IPv6 enabled:

connection properties.JPG

... so I was puzzled why I am getting this warning repeatedly.

According to the following reference I had 0xff set in ...\Tcpip6\Parameters\DisabledComponents:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929852/guidance-for-configuring-ipv6-in-windows-for-advanced-users

Initially I tried 0xfe, and after a reboot the warning was still there when Eddie connects to a server. I then set 0x20 (as recommended by Microsoft) and now the warning no longer appears. Please be aware that changes to the registry need to be done with great care and I advise a manual key backup as well as creating a System Restore Point. You are responsible for all eventualities.

#2 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2581 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:51 PM

If the Eddie log tells you that it disabled IPv6 prior to connecting then this behavior shouldn't surprise you and manual correction is not needed.

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs helps us read your thread.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

Instead of writing me a personal mail, consider contacting me via XMPP at gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join the lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org. I might read the mail too late whereas I'm always available on XMPP ;)