Not connected, Your IP: 18.205.114.205
Amadore

Persei server and RARBG problems...AGAIN!

So, here we go again. 

The Persei server located in California refuses to magnet link ANYTHING or download torrents from rarbg.to at decent speeds. But a few days ago it was just fine and fast as usual. 

I had this problem a few months ago, and once last year as well, and now it is back. Again. 

I have to switch servers, any server (Heze or Aquila in California or Pisces in Canada), then do the magnet link, THEN it downloads. 

If I then switch back to Persei it downloads, eventually. 

Also, the Status of most every URL in the Trackers is "Not Working" when I am on Persei server. But, right now I am on Pisces in Canada and most all are Working. Once I got back to Persei, Not Working again. 

There is something with RARBG and Persei server that they just don't like each other all the time. It goes away in a few weeks and everything works fine, then it comes back again. 

Does anyone have any idea what this is? 

I can't say much about most of your problems but I will say that trackers block VPN IPs.  Air is not blocking your access to trackers.

Tried it a few hours ago and worked fine on Persei. Now it is back to refusing to do magnet links and have to switch servers again. 

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like sometimes your torrent client doesn't bootstrap DHT - maybe those DHT bootstrap servers are overloaded or blocking some VPN servers?

The one remedy I know of is to just keep everything connected.  If your torrent client continues to have an internet connection (through the VPN) it'll gather up many DHT nodes and won't lose them.

Hopping around or disconnecting causes your torrent client to lose DHT nodes and then it has to bootstrap again.

Sounds like sometimes your torrent client doesn't bootstrap DHT - maybe those DHT bootstrap servers are overloaded or blocking some VPN servers?

The one remedy I know of is to just keep everything connected.  If your torrent client continues to have an internet connection (through the VPN) it'll gather up many DHT nodes and won't lose them.

Hopping around or disconnecting causes your torrent client to lose DHT nodes and then it has to bootstrap again.

I can stay connected to Persei for hours, days, it doesn't fix the problem. I try to use a magnet link and it works fine, but hours later or the next day, it wont. I have to change to a different server. Even downloading the actual torrent file wont help. It is ONLY the Persei server that has this problem for me. Right now I am on Aquila and everything works fine. But, earlier today I was on Persei and couldn't do any magnet links or download properly, I had to swtich. 

I can't say much about most of your problems but I will say that trackers block VPN IPs.  Air is not blocking your access to trackers.

RARBG wouldn't.. In fact they're one of the ones like Pirate Bay and Demonoid that have warnings all over the place about how you SHOULD be using a VPN. Some providers however, have been flagged. I get a message when I go to RARBG that my IP range has caused suspicious activity in the past, but the site still works fine (I get one at ETTV as well). I cant recall running into trouble with any of the Nor Cal servers, but I spend most of my time on the LA ones and they're all fine with RARBG. Been using the new Arizona ones the last few weeks, and believe it or not, they're faster and seem to be running even better than the ones here at home in LA.. Shorter ping times too.

RARBG wouldn't.. In fact they're one of the ones like Pirate Bay and Demonoid that have warnings all over the place about how you SHOULD be using a VPN. Some providers however, have been flagged. I get a message when I go to RARBG that my IP range has caused suspicious activity in the past, but the site still works fine (I get one at ETTV as well). I cant recall running into trouble with any of the Nor Cal servers, but I spend most of my time on the LA ones and they're all fine with RARBG. Been using the new Arizona ones the last few weeks, and believe it or not, they're faster and seem to be running even better than the ones here at home in LA.. Shorter ping times too.

RARBG trackers *do* block many of Air servers.  I use them too and usually have to rely on DHT only as the RARBG trackers don't respond.    On a few servers I've tried their trackers respond normally.  Again, it's not AirVPN doing the blocking, so it must be RARBG.

I understand it seems ironic for them to suggest you use a VPN but then block some VPN IP but it's the truth.

I have had days where RARBG completely blocks me from surfing the site for 2 hrs because "Too much activity from your IP address". That usually happens when I am catching up from things I missed for a week. 

I looked up Arizona servers, and those have nearly 200 latency for me. So, I guess using those is out of the question. It sucks because Persei has been the BEST server out of everything I have tried, and it continually has this issue with RARBG screwing it up. 

RARBG trackers *do* block many of Air servers.  I use them too and usually have to rely on DHT only as the RARBG trackers don't respond.    On a few servers I've tried their trackers respond normally.  Again, it's not AirVPN doing the blocking, so it must be RARBG.

I understand it seems ironic for them to suggest you use a VPN but then block some VPN IP but it's the truth.

How do I adjust or do anything with DHT?