Not connected, Your IP: 3.85.211.2

- my fault all problems solved -

I have used AirVPN for 3 days, and this is not a review, this is just something that I thought I must share with you people if you want to get subscribed to AirVPN. Since january I have been using a VPN service with which I didn't have any problems but I wanted to check out AirVPN and overall impression was good but there is problems with torrenting. It does upload, but it does not download, or downloads very very slowly. I thought 'hmm, there must be something then, just to be sure, I will try to torrent with my old VPN service', then I saw that it started torrenting with full speed. I tried more than five https://appsync.biz/speed-test/ https://appsync.biz/scrabble-word-finder/] https://appsync.biz/solitaire/ different torrent files and came to conclusion that AirVPN's servers have some troubles with torrenting. I used same countries for both services, I checked Belgium, Switzerland, Czechia, the Netherlands, Germany and Sweden. AirVPN either downloads very painfully slowly or does not download at all, it does not connect to the peers at all even though I see there are peers. (I don't give the name of other VPN service because some people might think I am promoting them)

Last night I requested refund from AirVPN and they returned to me and said my account is legible for refund and they will refund within 5 days, their customer service is very helpful tho. They return to you within 48 hours.

- my fault all problems solved -

Hello!

• The vast majority of users torrent just fine using AirVPN. Given this and given the access to infrastructural information, it's a very big leap to then state that the issue must then lie with AirVPN, based only on your own case.
  • I can't speak for the other service. But there's other important aspects to consider, such as security of the torrenting, the kind of privacy offered by the VPN in question and what is allowed to be torrented. Air for sure excels in those aspects.
  • You make no mention of having configured or tried to troubleshoot anything and this is most certainly where the error is to be found in most cases like this: faulty configuration of your torrent client and/or port-forwarding. You could for example follow some of the torrenting guides in my signature and tell us more about your setup. Opening a support ticket is also possible. Finally, it can be worth downloading the test torrent on ipleak.net if you want to check for any leaks with either AirVPN or another VPN.

Also, assuming that the fault lies with a mis-configured torrent client for example, it won't matter how many Air servers you try. In the end, all we can really say for sure, is that for 99% of other users, torrenting is working perfectly with AirVPN.

But of course if Air isn't for you, then that's fair as well.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I suggest to compare the setups/configs of AirVPN and your other VPN provider. This is what I sometimes torrent at using german servers:

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Long time AirVPN user here and also long time user of qBittorrent. Up until the last two maybe three updates of both these programs depending on how many seeds etc etc I would get as high as 21Mib/s download speed on a single torrent at times. Sometime since the updates mentioned I find I am capped at approx 5 Mib/s total. My IP is Virgin Media and I use their Vivid 200 Mbps service. I have checked my settings on all three and cannot seem to find out which of the three are responsible for the cap, if indeed there is a cap. At the aforementioned 5Mib/s I still download pretty fast though and in trying to find a solution online I did come across an article about MB/s and Mib/s where one was approximately 10 times as much as the other meaning that the "cap" of 5Mib/s would actually be 50MB/s and led me to think perhaps the services mentioned have changed there system. Being an old man and not particularly techie on this subject I eventually just carried on as is. Reading this post here today made me think that perhaps a solution or explanation may be in the offing. I await with bated breath.