Not connected, Your IP: 52.90.121.17
Sign in to follow this  
C205Veltro

ANSWERED Mac won't connect after Mojave update.

OK here it is: I updated my imac to the latest mojave and airvpn started acting up. Specifically when i went to shut it down prior to turning the computer off it would lock everything up. The only way I could shut off the mac was to hold down the start button until it shut down. Subsequent start up seemed normal but a repeat of the above issues trying to shut it down. So I decided to delete airvpn and reinstall in via the airvpn site. The moment I removed it the internet connection was lost and I am at my wits end trying to get it back. Any ideas from our mac experts?

The only other anomilty was my avira virus said to follow a procedure to make sure it was up to date which i did but it periodically kept repeating itself on the update. 

I am typing this on a windows computer so the wifi is good and it even shows a strong signal on the mac. The mac just says "failed to open page". Again any expert suggestions welcome but be advised I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed lol. Thanks.

Have you tried: Go into Network in System Preferences, then for your active wifi connection (the one that is active but won't work), click the Advanced button in the bottom right. Now go to DNS and delete whatever server is listed in the left-hand column. Click OK, then Apply. It should connect. I tried this when it happened to me and it worked. I have to do it every time I open the Mac after using AirVPN during my previous session. It's super annoying, but it seems that AirVPN is not upgraded to work properly with Mojave.

Sorry if this didn't help. I'm not tech savvy. I just thought I recognized your problem as the same as mine, so I thought I'd offer.

Have you tried: Go into Network in System Preferences, then for your active wifi connection (the one that is active but won't work), click the Advanced button in the bottom right. Now go to DNS and delete whatever server is listed in the left-hand column. Click OK, then Apply. It should connect. I tried this when it happened to me and it worked. I have to do it every time I open the Mac after using AirVPN during my previous session. It's super annoying, but it seems that AirVPN is not upgraded to work properly with Mojave.

Hello!

This issue should not occur with latest Eddie stable release (2.16.3) and with Eddie 2.17.2beta. Can you tell us which Eddie version you're running (check in the "About" window)? Can you confirm that the problem occurs even when you shut down Eddie properly (with the "Exit" menu item, for example)?

Kind regards

Hello, and thank you! I did say I wasn't tech savvy. I didn't realize that it doesn't auto-update. I've installed the latest version and it seems to be working fine. I should have asked!