Not connected, Your IP: 3.81.97.37
timothyaw

ANSWERED PLEX remote not working after working for two years

I have forwarded a port in my router, and have a port forwarded on airvpn.  And in PLEX told it the external port I have in airvpn.  This setup worked for the last two years, until a few weeks ago with NO changes on my end!  When I turn the VPN off, it works no problems. When I connect to the VPN again, plex remote stops working.  It seems something changed on their end (I could be wrong, but I didn't change anything). I even took my firewall (firewalld) out of the equation. 

I'm using the latest eddie client on Centos 7.5. Any help is much appreciated.

I have forwarded a port in my router, and have a port forwarded on airvpn.  And in PLEX told it the external port I have in airvpn.  This setup worked for the last two years, until a few weeks ago with NO changes on my end!  When I turn the VPN off, it works no problems. When I connect to the VPN again, plex remote stops working.  It seems something changed on their end (I could be wrong, but I didn't change anything). I even took my firewall (firewalld) out of the equation. 

I'm using the latest eddie client on Centos 7.5. Any help is much appreciated.

I came here to start a new thread about this but searched and found yours. Having the exact same problem. Had no issues for several years but then suddenly it won't work. Saddened to see that no one has responded to you. Hopefully now that it's more than one they might chime in. The ability to use Plex behind VPN through port forwarding was the main reason I chose AirVPN initially over similar services. Hoping this can be rectified as I'm Plex is an important part of my home setup. So much so that I'm currently having to run without my VPN on.

Have you tried just changing servers to see if that fixes it?  I was having problems and changed server and it worked.  Then I switched back to the location I liked, and it worked. 

This is resolved for me.  This issue was my fault, as I made a change in the PLEX settings.  In the network section, I changed the setting from Listen on ALL interfaces to just the one.  It makes sense that it stopped working, cause I was leaving out my TUN0 interface.  I changed it back to listen on ALL interfaces and it started working again flawlessly.  Let me know if you still need help, and I can go over with you my setup.

Seems to be working for me now as well. What seemed to resolve it was showing the advanced options in Network and enabling IPv6 support. This had been enabled in the past but when I set my computer back up recently I must have missed it.