Not connected, Your IP: 34.238.138.162

I consistently have trouble connecting to IMDb.com. I've tried multiple servers and multiple different locations, and it's the same with all. I've also tried multiple browsers on two different computers connected to AirVPN and also no change.

When trying to connect to the site, it simply seems to take a ridiculously long time to resolve the DNS. Sometimes the browser will report it couldn't find the server, and I have to try multiple times.

I have no issues connecting to IMDb outside of the VPN, regardless of computer or browser. I also don't seem to have this issue with any other site via AirVPN.

On both computers, I am running Windows 10 Pro, version 1803 with the current AirVPN client.

I'll second this as an issue. Tried two different computers, both running Win10 Pro, one of them running build 1803, one running 1703, tried latest version of Eddie, and also version 2.13.6 and IMDB.com is stuck at resolving, or eventually resolves after numerous attempts at forced refreshing... 

Tried the same testing methodology as BeefJerky, in the sense of multiple browsers etc, with the same results. 

Same issue here for the past several days on Xubuntu 18.04 using FF 62.0.3.  Sometimes it works, but many times the failure to resolve dns message pops up while using servers Hadar, Iskander, and Hydra.

Thank you for the information... I guess we'll just have to wait for them to fix the error then. 

Hello!

It's a DNS issue on imdb.com side. See here: https://mxtoolbox.com/domain/imdb.com/

Of the three red errors reported, "Primary Name Server Not Listed At Parent" is the one causing the intermittent problems you mention.

Kind regards

May I inquire as to why this problem only happens when connected via AirVPN, but consistently works when using my ISPs DNS?

Thanks.

Hi,

Just tried connecting (on 10/05/2018) to IMDb using eddie 2.17.2 on PCLinuxOS kde Plasma 5 (fully updated). No problems at all -- works like a champ.

cse

Hi,

Just tried connecting (on 10/05/2018) to IMDb using eddie 2.17.2 on PCLinuxOS kde Plasma 5 (fully updated). No problems at all -- works like a champ.

cse

Had problems connecting two days ago. Yesterday connected no problem. Now, again today, unable to connect to site.

I've also been having trouble accessing IMDB for the last two days. It works sometimes and sometimes I just get a "Server Not Found" error. I've tried different servers, several browsers, clearing my browser cache and refreshing the page and it's still totally random when and for how long it will load and when it won't.

IMDB works fine on my phone with no VPN.

Hello!

It's a DNS issue on imdb.com side. See here: https://mxtoolbox.com/domain/imdb.com/

Of the three red errors reported, "Primary Name Server Not Listed At Parent" is the one causing the intermittent problems you mention.

Kind regards

Im getting this message when trying that link:

"403 error

You have reached this page because your IP address has been blocked in order to protect our website. If you feel this was in error, please email us at blocked@mxtoolbox.com and include the following information:

• Name
  • IP Address
  • E-mail address
  • Purpose of using MXToolBox"

Camelopardalis

Same issue for me since the last week. Imdb intermittent work, but most of the time not at all when connected to airVPN.

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

Last night IMDB worked fine for me, I only loaded a few pages and just for a few minutes but I just opened it so it seems to be fixed!!

It’s not fixed.

Like everyone has been saying, it’s intermittent, and connecting once for a few minutes doesn’t mean anything. I have the same situation with IMDB. Sometimes it will connect for a few minutes, then it won’t. Usually it won’t. I can connect fine on both my iPad and iPhone without VPN, but I can rarely connect on my desktop Mac using Eddie. Trying multiple times sometimes (finally!) allows a connection, but I can’t count on it.

Disconnecting Eddie on the desktop and I connect to IMDB again just fine.

Hello!

Two distinct problems probably. The second one would be a block of some IP addresses of our VPN servers (check the "Route check" page and see). We will look into the issue.

Kind regards

Yeah I just tried it and it's not working again.

Edit: I've been connected to the same server with no disconnects since the problem started so at least for me my IP address doesn't seem to be blocked or I would think it would never load.

The report shows Hercules Atlanta as working at 8:05am, but at 8:10 it's not working for me. I just refreshed the report and it shows as not working this time.

The report shows...

ca.pngAludra Canada Toronto, Ontario Direct green.png0.0353 sec green.png200 0.1151 sec 2 minutes ago

but when I try to open IMDb it fail instantly with the same "server not found error".

Edit: I just tried IMDb after posting this and it loaded, I also refreshed it about 10 times and it kept loading so as others and myself have said before it's totally random.

6 Problems (Nash & multible wweden and Norway servers)

Category Host Result

mx imdb.com No DMARC Record found More Info

dmarc imdb.com DNS Record not found More Info

dns imdb.com Primary Name Server Not Listed At Parent

Well, i think staff take this issue care of like they said !

"You don't have to be a genius to sound like one." - BDS

6 Problems (Nash & multible wweden and Norway servers) Category Host Result mx imdb.com No DMARC Record found More Info dmarc imdb.com DNS Record not found More Info dns imdb.com Primary Name Server Not Listed At Parent Well, i think staff take this issue care of like they said !

Hello!

The problems showed by MXToolBox are confirmed by https://www.dnsqueries.com/en/domain_check.php (we don't know why you mentioned our servers since the problem you correctly point out is in imdb.com).

Note in particular, in the WWW section of dnsqueries.com check page, this:

I have asked your DNS server for www.imdb.com. but i did not receive an IP address (maybe i received a CNAME...), however these are the records i received:

www.imdb.com. = CNAME us.dd.imdb.com.

Kind regards

we don't know why you mentioned our servers since the problem you correctly point out is in imdb.com

I have an RDP connection to my work. At home, VPN with AirVPN. Side-by-side requests result in the airVPN connection failure, but loads fine on the other machine.