Not connected, Your IP: 54.196.27.171
Sign in to follow this  
waschlack_05

Ubuntu Server 18.04 as VPN Gateway (CGNAT)

Hello,

I've tried AirVPN now on my desktop and am very pleased with the experience so i wanted to pursue my main goal with AirVPN: My ISP uses CGNAT so i have no public IPV4 adress. My plan was to setup a Ubuntu Server VM that acts as a gateway to AirVPN for my plex server (which currently isn't available outside of my network thanks to CGNAT). I've read elsewhere that i needed to tunnel the IPV4 application (plex) to IPV6 using the program 6tunnel.

My first step was to install openvpn and launch the TCP.ovpn file, SSH is telling me: "Initialization Sequence Completed", now I'm stuck at connecting to the gateway (and maybe configuring it as one?) and tunneling the IPV4 traffic of the VPN and Plex to IPV6.

I've also just discovered the advanced mode of the config file generator and am a bit overwhelmed. Should I use "IPV4&IPV6 (connect with IPV6) and which ports? I think my current config files where normal IPV4 so that's probably why it only worked on my desktop with eddie.

Your help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.