#1 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7704 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 10:54 PM

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that a new Eddie Air client version has been released: 2.17beta. It is ready for public beta testing.

How to test our experimental release:
  • Go to download page of your OS
  • Click on Other versions

client-experimental-howto-1.png

• Click on Experimental

client-experimental-howto-2.png

• Look at the changelog if you wish
  • Download and install
Please see the changelog:
https://eddie.website/changelog/?software=client&format=html

#2 EtV

EtV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:49 AM

Hi Staff,

I just installed the new beta (2.17.1) on a MacOS laptop running the latest High Sierra (10.13.6).  Upon firing up the Eddie beta, I got the attached error window.  Eddie closed itself immediately after I clicked the "OK" button on the error window, so I didn't have a chance to grab logs (Eddie didn't finish starting up all the way when the error window popped).  Had no internet connectivity after that until I rebooted the machine.  I did install the beta over 2.16.3, fwiw, in case that's an issue.  Although I have done that in the past with betas and not encountered any issues.  Rolled back to 2.16.3 for now.  If there's more I can do go help get useful info about this issue, please let me know.

Many thanks...

Attached Thumbnails

• eddie-2.17.1beta-error.png

#3 Grindle222

Grindle222

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:53 AM

I downloaded it to try it out with Ubuntu 18.04.1.  It downloaded okay and seemed to install just fine, but it crashes very early every time I try to use it.  I mean, it just closes without warning when I try to use it: sometimes it's while I'm logging in, sometimes it when I'm trying to choose a server, and other times just when I'm moving the mouse.  I haven't had it stay open longer than a minute.  So I'm back to using 2.16.3 for now.

#4 rustintimberlake

rustintimberlake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 04:34 AM

I'm using the latest Mint 19 Xfce, is Eddie 2.15.2 still safe to use? For me it works flawlessly. The newer versions all have some problems.

#5 tom7812

tom7812

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:25 AM

Hi Staff,

I just installed the new beta (2.17.1) on a MacOS laptop running the latest High Sierra (10.13.6).  Upon firing up the Eddie beta, I got the attached error window.  Eddie closed itself immediately after I clicked the "OK" button on the error window, so I didn't have a chance to grab logs (Eddie didn't finish starting up all the way when the error window popped).  Had no internet connectivity after that until I rebooted the machine.  I did install the beta over 2.16.3, fwiw, in case that's an issue.  Although I have done that in the past with betas and not encountered any issues.  Rolled back to 2.16.3 for now.  If there's more I can do go help get useful info about this issue, please let me know.

Many thanks...

Same issue happened to me on a MacOS iMac (High Sierra 10.3.6 too) after installing Eddie 2.17.1 (new beta). It seems to happen randomly though. Sometimes I can connect to a server at first attempt, another time the error message appears, then Eddie closes itself. I did not install this new version over 2.16.3 but deleted it before and rebooted the machine, then installed 2.17.1. Still, I have the same problem.

#6 blaHbluBB

blaHbluBB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:35 AM

i'm on Windows 8.1 x64 and have the same problem, i cant even really start eddie to connect to a server. :/

seems to be a curl/ipv6/.Net problem?

event viewer says:

Spoiler

and:

Spoiler

Attached Thumbnails

• after-installing-new-version-of-eddie.jpg
  • startig-eddie-after-crash.jpg

#7 encrypted

encrypted

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:28 AM

Linux Mint 17.3 LTS (14.04 LTS), installed the latest 2.17.1 beta eddie-ui over v2.16.3 and upon restart saw notification about "removing network lock" before applying it again, then the new v2.17.1 would grind for a good while (couldn't switch to Servers tab) before crashing and apparently taking DNS down with the ship.

COMMAND=/usr/bin/notify-send --urgency=low --expire-time=2000 --icon=dialog-information Eddie Unexpected error. Please contact our support staff. - curl: (6) Could not resolve host: eddie.website -   at Eddie.Core.Tools.Curl.Fetch (Eddie.Core.HttpRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 #012  at Eddie.Core.Engine.FetchUrl (Eddie.Core.HttpRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 #012  at Eddie.Core.Jobs.Updater.OnRun () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 #012  at Eddie.Core.Job.Run () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 #012  at System.Threading.Thread.StartInternal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

After rebooting naked connections worked so I relaunched eddie 2.17.1 but the same issue happened again.

For some reason the .deb of previous version 2.16.3 wasn't in /var/cache/apt/archives so I ended up redownloading it, uninstalling the latest beta (wouldn't allow downgrades) and reinstalling the v2.16.3.

I would suggest pulling the latest version from the channel while you figure out the root of the problem. The changelog looks very appealing.

#8 spe

spe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:14 PM

Similar experience on Fedora 28. Here's the relevant part of the log with debug enabled:

Spoiler

I was only able to reproduce the error by enabling Activate Network Lock at startup in the settings. I thought a possible culprit could be the New Eddie version notification feature introduced in this release.

Going with that hunch, I tried a couple of things

Changing the Update channel selection to None from its default Stable (as aside, it should probably be changed to Beta for beta releases) didn't help. I was hoping for the update check and the call to curl to be bypassed altogether.

Enabling Connect at startup also didn't help. I was hoping it might in case the problem was the failure to include the update URL in the default.xml file and thus in the iptables rules created on startup when network lock is enabled.

That's about as far as I got. Still using the new beta, as I don't use auto network lock and the feature works fine when activated manually.

#9 foxmulder

foxmulder

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:46 PM

Same here... (Ubuntu 18.04)

Just quits itself after a couple of seconds...

Spoiler

EDIT: "spe" seems to be right. After unticking "Activate Network Lock On Startup" no more crashes so far. Nevertheless, i would consider the current version as unstable.

Kind regards

Fox

#10 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7704 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 02:23 PM

An update (2.17.2) that addresses the issue is available now.

#11 5YmkoLQZ

5YmkoLQZ

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 02:32 PM

An update (2.17.2) that address the issue is available now.

Might want to update the changelog page. 

#12 foxmulder

foxmulder

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 02:37 PM

Ok, the update fixed it for me! 

That was very fast, thanks Staff!

#13 WaNNaBEAnoNymoUs

WaNNaBEAnoNymoUs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 02:54 PM

Everything smooth here latest beta version and Debian. There where in terminal unseen message like this

"Collect information about AirVPN completed"...

and this i have been stable to beta always =>

"(eddie-tray:31260): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: /build/glib2.0-B1uXKV/glib2.0-2.50.3/./gobject/gsignal.c:2523: signal 'child-added' is invalid for instance '0x2153750' of type 'GtkMenu'"...

But all works well, OS DE is Cinnamon.

"You don't have to be a genius to sound like one." - BDS

#14 EtV

EtV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:36 PM

Nice!  Updated Eddie (2.17.2) fixes the issue for me as well...MacOS 10.13.6...Network Lock enabled at startup.

Many thanks for the great and speedy work, as always, Staff! 

#15 Grindle222

Grindle222

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 11:52 PM

The updated beta of Eddie (2.17.2) takes care of things for me on Ubuntu 18.04.1.  So far, so good.

#16 gecko1956

gecko1956

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:51 AM

this problem still exists;

https://airvpn.info/topic/28866-eddie-on-opensuse-linux-leap-15-or-tumbleweed/

So back to version 2.13.6 again. :think:

#17 meelosh

meelosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:08 PM

Minor issue on arch linux (Plasma desktop). Minimizing to tray no longer works properly: it minimize to tray but taskbar entry is not disappearing and always visible. See screenshot:

5PJLhGa.png

#18 quanthenys

quanthenys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:42 PM

I tried this on Windows 7. There were problems. Browsers had difficulties with finding web sites on internet. I was able to browse some sites, but too many of them gave errors. Could not find IP or DNS of the site....

I tried different web browsers and problem was the same with all of them. I cleared all caches and did reboot my computer, but that didn't help.

I went back to version 2.16.1 and browsers are able to find those web sites again.

#19 blaHbluBB

blaHbluBB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:33 AM

i had what you can see on the picture after turning on my PC this morning, and even clicking on "Refresh connections list, ping results, discovered informations" did nothing :(

i then disabled "Network Lock" and everything was working as it should work.

so i enabled "Network Lock" again and clicked on "Refresh connections list, ping results, discovered informations", and again nothing worked :/

it seems "curl" or something else can not connect through the activated "Network Lock".

i never had that problem before.

eddie version was/is [2.17.2], and is running on Windows 8.1 x64.

oh and before anyone ask if i was connected to any server, "no" i was not connected at all, and my internet connection was working.

forget all that, i seems it was an option in Eddie, under "Network Lock", and it was called "Allow ping"  :/

it does not matter how often i re-install Eddie, it's always off by default.

it should be on by default.

just my two cents

Attached Thumbnails

• eddie-after-turing-on-my-pc.jpg

#20 encrypted

encrypted

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:10 PM

Linux Mint 17.3 LTS (14.04 LTS), Eddie 2.17.2 beta loses the selected font after every restart needing it to set in the UI tab each time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Servers online. Online Sessions: 13082 - BW: 48875 Mbit/sYour IP: 3.80.218.53Guest Access.