Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.175.224
ganga

Connecting two airvpn sessions to same server (same public exit IP)

Maybe a stupid question but is there any leak risk or known problem when using same server with two sessions at the same time? For example i found this in "forwar port page"

"Warning: Two or more sessions are connected to the same server. The same IP+Port can't be mapped to multiple destination."

I understand port forwarding will not work, but i'm not finding isses for example with torrents.

Thanks

Then you might simply be lucky, or the port is always mapped to the first connected client, don't know. If you wanted to reach the second client on that port, you wouldn't be able to (unless you disconnect the first, possibly).

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend using the same server.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Then you might simply be lucky, or the port is always mapped to the first connected client, don't know. If you wanted to reach the second client on that port, you wouldn't be able to (unless you disconnect the first, possibly).

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend using the same server.

Thanks for your answer giganerd. Why you don't recommend using the same server? I don't need to be able to reach the second client on the port if torrent works (it seems to be working in both).

As I said, I don't know the exact behavior. Maybe it's working because the tunnel is not and in reality your traffic goes through the "naked internet".

To minimize the risk of random errors because of two devices sharing the same IP I'd advise using different servers.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hello!

As long as you don't need proper remote port forwarding you can connect multiple devices to the same server from the same account provided that each device uses a different certificate/key pair.

How to handle your client certificates and keys:

https://airvpn.org/topic/26209-how-to-manage-client-certificatekey-pairs/

Kind regards

Thanks Staff! So it seems there is no risk, great to know that

Are the client certificates required, or if i use Eddie on both computers i'm ok without that?

I understand port forwarding will not work, but i'm not finding isses for example with torrents.

Thanks

My understanding is that bittorrent protocol will degrade but still function with less peers if port forwarding is not working through Network Address Translation and firewall(s), and other clients cannot connect.

It is a rather complex protocol to address various issues, the best tutorial I have found is:

https://userpages.umbc.edu/~hamilton/btclientconfig.html

So if you were running bittorrent in both sessions to the same server with a *single* *shared* port forward through the VPN NAT perhaps degraded performance and wasteful thrashing by  trackers and potential peers.

Agree that using 2 different Air servers is the easiest answer.