Not connected, Your IP: 3.80.129.195
keikari

Setting IPs to go outside of VPN (what I'm doing wrong)?

Hi!

I'm trying to get League Of Legends server connect outside of VPN.

Here's what I've done. (I was connected to VPN)

1. Started League Of Legends game

2. Looked for IPs with iftop and with this site https://www.ultratools.com/tools/ipWhoisLookupResult

3. Found that 162.249.72.0-162.249.79.255 is some Riot server ip range.

4. I went to Eddie->Settigns->Routes(I hope this is right place to add this) and added 162.249.72.0/21 to run outside the VPN tunnel.

(I've been this whole time connected in game)

5. I disconnected from VPN server which I was connected and enabled Network Lock, and so far so good, game was able to re-connect without me being connected to AirVPN servers. 

But when I connected to AirVPN server the game traffic seamlessly started to run through VPN. (I was connected to far away server and ping raised to ~200ms). 

I added word seamlessly, because normally game disconnects for awhile and then reconnects if I change or disconnect VPN server, but now only thing that showed that connection had changed was ping raising or lowering.

Also now when I connect to server I got some error info to top bar about my settings.

So if anyone got any ideas what I'm doing wrong here, I would be thankful.

Question in much shorter and overall usage way: 

Are IPs that are set to be "Outside the VPN tunnel" meant to change to go inside when vpn is connected? Because they seem to do so, or maybe I have understood wrong. Or is it because of that "Unable to compute route for <ip_address>: IPV4 net gateway not available" error? 

Sorry you're getting no help on this.  I don't use the app so I'm unfamiliar with its details and behaviors.  Otherwise I'd help.

You might still be able to help. 

I understand these settings likes this: If I add IP address and choose "Outside the VPN tunnel", the connections to that address should go outside of VPN always. 

Do you see it the same way?

What it actually does for me, is only allowing me to connect to that IP while network lock is on and I'm not connected to VPN.

I know hardly anything about networking, so I have no idea might I need some additional settings or can there be some hardware limitation or something else that I can't figure out from those options itself.

Other options in the "When connected" list are "none" and "Inside the VPN tunnel", having option "Inside the VPN tunnel" makes me really wonder if I've misunderstood how to use this.

Don't care about IPs I have there.

Last pic is pop-up box that comes when you click the "+".

Just bumbing this just so if someone who has some idea about this stuff happens to see this.

I don't know what more info I can give atm.

If you feel you're seeing a bug then create a support ticket.

Yeah, thanks. That is the next step, if I don't get any answers in here.

I just believe that problem is more likely with my understanding and not a bug, since it has that error in top bar(pic in the first post).

Hello!

We can reproduce the issue. It looks like a bug and it occurs when you enter an IP address/mask instead of a single IP address. We can reproduce it on GNU/Linux. What is your Operating System? We are alerting the Eddie developers immediately for a fix in the next, imminent release.

Kind regards

Hello!

We can reproduce the issue. It looks like a bug and it occurs when you enter an IP address/mask instead of a single IP address. We can reproduce it on GNU/Linux. What is your Operating System? We are alerting the Eddie developers immediately for a fix in the next, imminent release.

Kind regards

Fedora 28, this problem also happens to me with single ip address.

Hello!
Correction, we can NOT reproduce the issue. We thought wrongly to have reproduced it because we made a foolish mistake, we entered a wrong network prefix.

By testing exactly the network prefix/mask reported by you, the issue does not occur.

However, we did not test under Fedora 28, but under Debian.

Can you please enable "Log debug" in "Preferences" > "Logging", run again to reproduce the problem, take the log ("Logs" > "Copy to clipboard") and paste them into your message?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards