#1 A556

A556

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:24 PM

Every time I try to log in to my bank website over VPN it gives me issues, so I was wondering how I can exclude the bank website's traffic from going over the VPN using the eddie client?

#2 asr2999

asr2999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 09:03 AM

What are you using to connect to the VPN? Is it a router with a DD-WRT firmware? Or the Eddie App?
If it's the router, simple answer to your question is its possible in theory to create static routes towards known IPs (some people have done this to connect to Netflix for example) but this is not simple.
The easy solution is to exclude a device from connecting to the VPN. But it defeats the point of setting up a VPN....

#3 YLwpLUbcf77U

YLwpLUbcf77U

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 09:29 PM

Turn off the VPN for the short period of time you need to use your bank's website if it gives you issues when connected to one.

#4 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7792 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:29 AM

Every time I try to log in to my bank website over VPN it gives me issues, so I was wondering how I can exclude the bank website's traffic from going over the VPN using the eddie client?

Hello!

Exclude traffic to/from the bank IP addresses from the VPN tunnel. If you run Eddie you can do that in "Preferences" > "Routes".

Kind regards

#5 A556

A556

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:47 AM

What are you using to connect to the VPN? Is it a router with a DD-WRT firmware? Or the Eddie App?
If it's the router, simple answer to your question is its possible in theory to create static routes towards known IPs (some people have done this to connect to Netflix for example) but this is not simple.
The easy solution is to exclude a device from connecting to the VPN. But it defeats the point of setting up a VPN....

I am using the Eddie software for Windows

#6 A556

A556

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:48 AM

Hello!

Exclude traffic to/from the bank IP addresses from the VPN tunnel. If you run Eddie you can do that in "Preferences" > "Routes".

Kind regards
Is it possible for me to exclude traffic from the bank's domain rather than manually entering all the IP addresses because this is a large national Bank and has tons of IP addresses