Not connected, Your IP: 3.231.217.209
DZMM

What's the max VPN speed?

I've started using torrents seriously for the first time.  I can get 160-170Mbps downloading quite comfortably via my connection (3 AirVPN connections load balanced via pfsense on a 200/200 connection using this guide - https://nguvu.org/pfsense/pfsense-multi-vpn-wan/), but uploading I've never seen more than 2Mbps. 

This could be because I can't compete with seedboxes but I'm wondering now if I'm maxing out my AirVPN connection i.e. is the 160Mbps a total limit per user or is it each way i.e. if I'm downloading at 160Mbps does this mean I'll never be able to get good seeding speeds and should maybe limit downloads to 100Mbp?

Or should I be able to get 160Mbps both ways? Or, given I'm using 3 connections at a time - is my theoretical max 3x160Mbps if I had the luxury of a better connection?

Thanks

You should be able to upload just the same as download if your ISP allows it.

I'd use just one VPN tunnel, make sure port forwarding is working, and try that.  I think the muti-wan thing confuses things in an application that requires port forwarding and uploading and keeping track of peers.

I don't have a symmetric line like you but when my ISP is working properly I'm able to upload at 40mbit/s over VPN.  I'm sure others can do much better.

The maximum you could reach is close to 500 Mbit/s total if you're alone. The servers have gigabit links, and they forward traffic to you or from you to the internet, so you need to think double. If you're downloading with 500 Mbit/s, the server is, too. At the same time the server uploads those 500 Mbit/s to you. Summa summarum, 1000 Mbit/s, 1 Gbit/s, a server's link capacity.

I sometimes do, but generally I have troubles reaching some 40, 50 Mbit/s in upload throughput, but that's not AirVPN's fault. I've got a cable internet connection now which is 400/50 Mbit/s but I don't reach any of these with OpenVPN without it throwing bad packet ID errors. It's something my provider does, I suspect it's some QoS thing I have absolutely no control of. Normal TCP/UDP can probably handle whatever they're doing but OpenVPN throws its errors there. I really want my previous Telekom connection back, even if it costs a bit more.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

You should be able to upload just the same as download if your ISP allows it.

I'd use just one VPN tunnel, make sure port forwarding is working, and try that.  I think the muti-wan thing confuses things in an application that requires port forwarding and uploading and keeping track of peers.

I don't have a symmetric line like you but when my ISP is working properly I'm able to upload at 40mbit/s over VPN.  I'm sure others can do much better.

I think you might be onto something about the multiple connections as it might be confusing the tracker/peers - I'll try just one connection to see what happens and try using failovers instead. Thanks