Not connected, Your IP: 54.196.106.106
User of AirVPN

[Suggestion] Servers with residential IP addresses

I think it would be a good idea if Air opened servers that were running off of residential IP addresses (similar to the IP addresses Air uses for things like Netflix unblocking), as it would prevent websites that block VPN IP addresses from blocking AirVPN users. Not sure exactly how something like this would be set up, but TorGuard offers it, so it is possible to set up, but there might be reasons that Air would not want to implement it, such as logging concerns?

I think it would be a good idea if Air opened servers that were running off of residential IP addresses (similar to the IP addresses Air uses for things like Netflix unblocking), as it would prevent websites that block VPN IP addresses from blocking AirVPN users. Not sure exactly how something like this would be set up, but TorGuard offers it, so it is possible to set up, but there might be reasons that Air would not want to implement it, such as logging concerns?

Torguard will use dedicated IP which you have to pay as an add on.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Torguard will use dedicated IP which you have to pay as an add on.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Maybe TorGuard wasn't such a good example for me to use, but there is a provider called resVPN which exclusively provides residential IPs, so it is possible

Unless you make the residential IP exclusive to one user, it's going to get banned/blocked in the end.

Yes, but it's less likely for those IPs to get blocked vs the datacenter IPs betting blocked

Unless you make the residential IP exclusive to one user, it's going to get banned/blocked in the end.

Yes, but it's less likely for those IPs to get blocked vs the datacenter IPs betting blocked

Would love some residential addresses too, but I guess this would go the same way as the marketed "anti-DDOS" servers that some VPN providers to offer. Yeah, they can handle more traffic, but since they are specialized - they are being hit more and it becomes the same or even worse in most cases. Since scraping is not a VPN provider priority just going for residential IP provider seems the only sophisticated way.

Residential IPs per user, as an extra add-on (paid or free) will require additional logging and other privacy risks, such as traffic correlation, since you will be the only

user sharing this particular IP. Most streaming services are already working fine even without this questionable "feature".

VPN providers that offer this feature should be treated as "Streaming proxies" at best, and nothing near a privacy focused service.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Very good answer up to the last part. I have issues with Netflix working on this service and I help take care of my grandparents so that needs to work because my grandmother is addicted. So I don't place her fire stick behind the VPN tunnel. In the case of my shield TV, I run another tunnel on that and exclude the troublesome streaming services from the VPN. I don't think residential IPs are the answer necessarily. I think a system with a broad IP range that limits usage per IP as a second hop is probably the only thing that might not get blocked. Traffic correlation may be possible in that case but at least it would only be with the streaming service traffic. Of course, that may not be cost-effective for a VPN provider.