33 replies to this topic

#21 SumRndmDude

SumRndmDude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 06:19 PM

Thanks a lot guys. How did you manage this miracle?

Micro routing. They make your connection to Netflix come from a non-blocked set of IP's. So Netflix assumes that's your actual IP. Similar to how if you're in the States, you can access the BBC from the co.uk domain.

#22 pseudotimestretch

pseudotimestretch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:49 PM

Hello everybody, I don't know if i'm allowed to post this in here but i always get the following error when trying to open netflix.com on my computer:

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to www.netflix.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

after refreshing many times, the netflix page shows up but not entirely, like half of the pictures only. And when i want to watch something it doesn't work, the "wheel" keeps spiining to load but nothing loads actually.

No matter the brower (chrome, firefox) and no matter the AirVPN server (not talking about the UK ones of course). Can anyone help me please?

#23 est78551

est78551

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:13 PM

i cannot get amazon prime working directly with AirVPN's USA Servers on iOS (iphone) but i found a work around.

it seems amazon prime only checks for a vpn at the very beginning of the stream, like when you first press the play button, or press play for first time. After that you can pause the amazon prime video stream, move to OpenVPN app and turn AirVPN back on and then go back to amazon prime app and press play then it will continue streaming where it left off while connected to AirVPN. (Any server works with the workaround, not just USA)

#24 hammerman

hammerman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 10:00 PM

how can this work if you're in a country besides the usa?

if the vpn is off, amazon prime won't allow you to stream and if it's on, it detects the vpn and won't allow you stream.

can you explain the work-around a bit better?

#25 go558a83nk

go558a83nk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1656 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 10:11 PM

how can this work if you're in a country besides the usa?

if the vpn is off, amazon prime won't allow you to stream and if it's on, it detects the vpn and won't allow you stream.

can you explain the work-around a bit better?

Amazon Prime wasn't part of the announcement.  This thread is about Netflix. 

#26 vpn9584461

vpn9584461

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:31 AM

This is fantastic! I'm just not sure what it means by connect with VPN DNS. Please can someone explain or link to a guide. Thank you

#27 go558a83nk

go558a83nk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1656 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:53 AM

This is fantastic! I'm just not sure what it means by connect with VPN DNS. Please can someone explain or link to a guide. Thank you

By default that's what the Eddie app uses.

#28 SumRndmDude

SumRndmDude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 01:56 AM

Was server hopping to check latency, routes, etc.. and noticed on Cursa I get the proxy/blocked message from Netflix. Wasn't so a few days ago.

#29 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7568 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 12:16 PM

Was server hopping to check latency, routes, etc.. and noticed on Cursa I get the proxy/blocked message from Netflix. Wasn't so a few days ago.

Hello!

Just checked and it works perfectly as usual. Can you please make sure that your system queries VPN DNS? This is a strictly necessary requirement to access our geo-routing system. If you run Eddie, the Air free and open source software client, this will happen by default.

Kind regards

#30 sirdezzy

sirdezzy

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:57 AM

Hello!

Just checked and it works perfectly as usual. Can you please make sure that your system queries VPN DNS? This is a strictly necessary requirement to access our geo-routing system. If you run Eddie, the Air free and open source software client, this will happen by default.

Kind regards

Hi,

What setting in the .ovpn config file will force VPN DNS? I'm currently running on a Raspberry PI and Netflix isnt showing anything with the VPN running.

Thanks.

#31 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7568 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:00 AM

Hello!

If you run OpenVPN directly you should consider some script to take care of the DNS push (OpenVPN will not process the DNS push by itself). Please check here:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/OpenVPN#Update_resolv-conf_script

Kind regards

#32 sirdezzy

sirdezzy

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:12 AM

The script already exists in my setup and cat /etc/resolv.conf shows the AirVPN DNS has been added. When I attempt to play something on Netflix though, it detects the VPN. My normal ISP DNS servers also exist in resolv.conf, should that be the case?

#33 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7568 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:23 AM

The script already exists in my setup and cat /etc/resolv.conf shows the AirVPN DNS has been added. When I attempt to play something on Netflix though, it detects the VPN. My normal ISP DNS servers also exist in resolv.conf, should that be the case?

Hello!

Maybe you try to access Netflix from a device which is behind the Raspberry box. In this case please check the DNS settings of such device, which of course take precedence over the Raspberry DNS.

Kind regards

#34 sirdezzy

sirdezzy

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:36 AM

As I've also got the Raspbian desktop installed I've used the Eddie client. This does remove the ISP name servers from resolv.conf when it starts the VPN connection so it looks like i will have to modify the push DNS script that is ran from command line to do the same.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Servers online. Online Sessions: 12799 - BW: 46956 Mbit/sYour IP: 54.145.83.79Guest Access.