Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.84.155
GoodLuckGCHQ

Bootstrap failure and inability to compare servers on crescent fresh Windows 8.1 installation

Hello lads. I have Windows 8.1 installed on my desktop for gaming purposes. I'm facing at least two problems with the newest iteration of the Eddie client. I have enabled the options "Connect at startup", "Start with Windows" and "Activate Network Lock at startup". This is what happens:

• I boot into Windows
  • Eddie starts up
  • The bootstrap failure window is displayed
  • At this point, Eddie will connect successfully to a server, however this takes a much longer time than it did with older versions of the client
  • Now if I refresh the server browser, no server information will be available, and the servers will be sorted alphabetically
  • This means that I cannot select the optimal server should I need to

I had the exact same issues on a previous install of Windows 8.1, and I went through the trouble of reinstalling Windows thinking that Windows Firewall was misconfigured or something. Eddie was the first program I installed and the Windows reinstallation did not solve the problems. My network setup is really basic and I connect via an ethernet cable to my home's router.

These Eddie problems have persisted for multiple weeks and I would really appreciate help solving them.

Also this is totally unrelated but since the Windows reinstallation, whenever I power on my desktop, the CPU fan briefly turns on for about two seconds, and then the whole system turns off, and then on again, and then everything proceeds to work correctly. What's up with that? Something set incorrectly in the BIOS? I've checked the boot priority list, which is as it should be with the Windows drive at the top.

Pic related

Thanks