• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Kenwell

Kenwell

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:38 PM

Thanks for heads-up. I just give up. My LG and Android are out the game. No worries. For 4K HDR the down speed with geo-routing is to slow for me anyway.

#42 lordlukan

lordlukan

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:18 PM

go558a83nk - Thanks. What do you have set for NAT IP (streamers_DNS)?

d0fbe07b5fcac10a2067526bce817e1f.png

Air Staff is saying to make a rule like this where for you redirect any DNS query that's not to the DNS server you want to the DNS server you want.  See /firewall_nat.php

#43 lordlukan

lordlukan

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:46 PM

The simple solution is to use Eddie client. However, my pfsense is set to NAT all DNS traffic on the LAN to DNS resolver where only AirVPN DNS is set.

#44 go558a83nk

go558a83nk

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 11:56 PM

Air Staff is saying to make a rule like this where for you redirect any DNS query that's not to the DNS server you want to the DNS server you want.  See /firewall_nat.php

10.4.0.1 if you want to use AirDNS to get stuff like Netflix :)

#45 lordlukan

lordlukan

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:24 PM

10.4.0.1 if you want to use AirDNS to get stuff like Netflix :)

Not working for me. I already had the whole LAN port forward DNS to unbound which has only 10.4.0.1 as it's primary DNS.

#46 Petanquer

Petanquer

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:59 PM

I had an interesting thing happen today while using my Android TV box. My Netflix app was acting up, so I uninstalled the app and downloaded the latest version of the app from here:

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/12983

I reinstalled the app. I was connected to an AIRVPN US server, and started up the updated Netflix app, and re-entered my login credentials. To my surprise, I now had access to the US Netflix feed. To make sure the Canadian feed still worked, I closed Netflix and disconnected from the AIRVPN server and then started Netflix again. The Canadian feed worked OK, but now when I connect back to the AIRVPN server, Netflix will only give me the Canadian feed. I tried clearing the cache, but that did not help.

It appears that the Netflix app stores something in the data that stops the US feed once the Canadian feed has been used outside the AIRVPN server.

#47 Kenwell

Kenwell

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:17 PM

I had an interesting thing happen today while using my Android TV box. My Netflix app was acting up, so I uninstalled the app and downloaded the latest version of the app from here:

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/12983

I reinstalled the app. I was connected to an AIRVPN US server, and started up the updated Netflix app, and re-entered my login credentials. To my surprise, I now had access to the US Netflix feed. To make sure the Canadian feed still worked, I closed Netflix and disconnected from the AIRVPN server and then started Netflix again. The Canadian feed worked OK, but now when I connect back to the AIRVPN server, Netflix will only give me the Canadian feed. I tried clearing the cache, but that did not help.

It appears that the Netflix app stores something in the data that stops the US feed once the Canadian feed has been used outside the AIRVPN server.

Maybe ahead of the game but reading the article below could cause this effect? Synamedia is running some trails already and could be the problem for re-routing from countries in the future?

https://www.standard.co.uk/tech/new-ai-software-launched-at-ces-2019-can-track-down-users-who-share-accounts-on-netflix-a4035016.html#