Hay! So I recently bought myself a subscription of 3 days just to test things out, and so far I am completely and utterly lost.
My initial reasons for buying the vpn services was to torrent, however are there things I NEED to know first? Do I need to connect anything to something? I use deluge if that helps. I tried looking into the FAQ and sadly everything on it is just a bit too TECHNICAL for me to fully understand Sadly I'm an idiot when it comes to understanding things and very nervous about all of this, since this is again new to me
I'm sorry for bothering anyone (and hopefully I didnt post in the wrong forum O_O)
I can explain very simply with qbittorrent.
1. Launch airvpn, connect to a server (preferably lowest ping, closest to you)
2. Login on airvpn.org, go to client area and then forwarded ports. Forward any port that is available (just choose a random port that is available)
3. Download qbittorrent and install. Launch https://www.qbittorrent.org/download.php
4. In qbittorrent, go to options, connection. Put your forwarded port that was in step 2. Uncheck upnp/nat-pmp
5. In qbittorrent, go to options, advanced. Choose Ethernet 2 (or whatever your tap adapter is, it is usually ethernet 2 if you don't have any other vpn installed)
6. Click OK and restart qbittorrent.
1. You must connect to airvpn before launching qbittorrent and 2. you should see DHT: x nodes go up on the bottom right when you start qbittorrent if everything is normal. 3. The plug picture should turn green once you download things.
You can also enable "Execution log" by going to View-->log-->check show on qbittorrent. By doing this, you can check at startup if everything is working by checking the ip address (should show airvpn ip address on log)
If you launch qbittorrent without connecting to airvpn first, you will see a bunch of red lines on log which indicates things aren't normal.
The rest of the settings on qbittorrent are not vpn related and can be adjusted to your preference. Ex.) connection limits http://infinite-source.de/az/az-calc.html