Not connected, Your IP: 3.81.30.41
Doomster

Installing Eddie client is stuck at "Installing tunnel driver"

I just signed up for AirVPN today and paid for a 6 month plan.

I plan on using the AirVPN on my MSFT Surface Pro, which is running Windows 10.

From the Surface Pro, I went to the AirVPN.org website and downloaded the Eddie client.

The version of Eddie client is v2.14.5, Windows 10, 64 bit.

The installation worked.  I then started Eddie and tried to connect to a server.  The Eddie client then redirected to the Overview pane, and has a message saying that it is "Installing tunnel driver."  However, Eddie is stuck on "Installing tunnel driver" for the last two hours.

I looked at the logs and there are two notable log messages:

1) OpenVPN Driver - Not available - will be installed at next connection

2) Cannot find tunnel adapter.

How can I fix this issue so that the tunnel driver finishes installing?  For now, it looks like I cannot use Eddie or AirVPN services.

Hello!

Welcome to AirVPN!

First of all, the forums are only one way of getting support. There's Official Air Support too.

The first thing you can try is to restart the client entirely and let it go through the process again. Sometimes this helps.

Otherwise you can also go to the download folder that Eddie was downloaded into and go to the tap.exe file, click it and run through its install yourself.

If there's any other issues, then do please paste your entire log for us to see, thank you.

That you fix it.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.