Not connected, Your IP: 3.139.97.157
mrkrabs

Question regarding logging

I'm usually a lurker and hardly ever post on any forums. With what has happened recently with IPVanish however; I have a question for the staff. By now I'm sure most everyone knows what happened with PureVPN a few months ago. A few days ago news broke regarding IPVanish and a case from 2016 - https://torrentfreak.com/ipvanish-no-logging-vpn-led-homeland-security-to-comcast-user-180505/.

This is yet another company that claims they keep "no logs" yet they have something to hand over. IPVanish is a name you see everywhere, and almost always the mention of no logs. Earlier this morning I caught something else regarding Private Internet Access. This makes the 2nd time their no logs has been tested in court successfully - https://torrentfreak.com/private-internet-access-no-logging-claims-proven-true-again-in-court-180606/.

Which leads to my question. Why has there been no mention at all of anything court related in any capacity regarding Air? I've searched high and low and I've been unable to find anything. I've been a user of Air for a very long time, and I love the service. I just hope things don't end up like it did with IPVanish.

Which leads to my question. Why has there been no mention at all of anything court related in any capacity regarding Air? I've searched high and low and I've been unable to find anything. I've been a user of Air for a very long time, and I love the service. I just hope things don't end up like it did with IPVanish.

The lack of existence of any court proceeding trying to force Air to disclose something is just another strong clue that this "something" does not exist. We challenge you to find anything in court or not which proves that Air keeps any log, in spite of the fact that Air is much older than PIA and provides technical tools which are just science fiction in PIA infrastructure. :D

Did you know that indiscriminate data retention of users traffic (metadata included) has been judged as an infringements of human rights by the European Union Court of Justice twice, while in the USA, where PIA operates, data retention is not mandatory and not forbidden?

The matter deserves many more considerations, because it must be clear that data retention is contrary to the interests of AirVPN, even under a cynical, purely marketing based, point of view. Please read carefully here when you have time:

https://airvpn.org/topic/26206-rebuttal-of-article-dont-use-vpn-services/

Kind regards