running latest Eddie Client on a Win 10 x64 machine on an 400 Mbit connection.
Without VPN, we get very nice bandwidth, as can be seen in this speedtest here:
Using AirVPN with default settings, we get about 30-40 Mbit. That is less than 10% of the total bandwidth of the connection.
I've followed one of the optimization guides posted here on the forum and done these steps, trying to increase the VPN throughput:
(1) in Eddie client preferences, changed Protocol to TCP or SSL - this actually helped and we're now at 50-60 Mbit - but still way off.
(2) in Eddie client preferences, increased buffer size to 512 KB/s for both TCP/UDP settings. No improvement.
(3) in Eddie client preferences, applied mssfix. No improvement.
(4) used SG TCP Optimizer tool - checked "Optimal" option and then applied new settings. No improvement.
(5) Tried TAP adaper 9.9.2_3 as well as latest 9.21.2. See speedtest results here:
using TAP 9.9.2_3
using TAP 9.21.2
(6) Also tried the TAP adapter fix, setting "Media Status" to "always connected". No improvement. Actually with this setting, AirVPN fails to connect to server.
As you can probably agree, 60 Mbit throughput for a 400+ Mbit connection is quite bad.
What else should we change and/or configure in order to get better AirVPN throughput ?
P.S: All speedtest stats above were also confirmed with real file downloads. Same results.