Not connected, Your IP: 34.239.185.22
Sign in to follow this  
ableright

Why Does Eddit Show Slower Speeds Than What I'm Getting?

So when I download torrents and other data I appear to have thing configured properly.  Using a forwarded port, setting QTorrent to use only ethernet (the connection AirVpn is using through Eddie) and setting eddie to Force use of the VPN or it will kill all connections.  The speeds I'm getting on the server are decent like 5 MBp/s that is Megabytes per second.  

I've also used Ipleak and other leak tests for Qtorrent and NONE of them show any leaks to my actual IP.  Ok, so that's all good news, but why when I open Eddie to the Overview page it shows that my download speed is like 60 Mbps as in Megabits per second which would be around 600 Kilobytes.  This is not accurately showing the actual download speeds I get, or the upload speeds.  Why is this happening?   I appreciate the help! 

60 Megabit per second is roughly 7,5MB/s - where are you getting the 600 kilobytes from? So, actually Eddie reports a higher transfer rate than qbittorrent which might be because there are other data transfers besides torrent. I'm not sure how Eddie calculates your current down and upload rate but usually it's an average of actual bytes sent and received on your active network interface.

Eddie is a bit off over here as well.. Right now I have a torrent seeding in qbTorrent. Eddie is telling me Im uploading at 5Mbps, yet Little Snitch, my network monitor is saying almost 9Mbps (these are both Mb=Megabits, not MB=Megabytes).. All my network traffic is going through the tunnel too, so Eddie and Little Snitch should be seeing the exact same data moving through it.. 

On GNU/Linux you can monitor the exact number of bytes sent/received via /proc/net/dev or netstat -i on a specific network interface. With this data you can calculate how much bandwidth you use per second. But I really wouldn't worry too much, these statistics are NOT a speedtest.