Photo

Ubuntu - can not start eddie with script - System.DllNotFoundException

Best Answer corrado, 28 April 2018 - 12:04 PM

Are you using the portable version? You need to change the working directory in your shell/python script....

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 56Kmodem

56Kmodem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:25 AM

Hello,

if I go manually to /home/eddie and type in the shell:

nohup ./eddie-cli --login=myname--password=mypassword--netlock --connect --server=myserver & 

I can start it without any problems.

But I can not start it via a full path like:

nohup /home/eddie/eddie-cli --login=myname--password=mypassword--netlock --connect --server=myserver & 

same thing goes for a shell or python script I always get the error:

/home# exception inside UnhandledException handler: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.DllNotFoundException: Lib.Platform.Linux.Native.so
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Eddie.Platform.Linux.Native:eddie_signal (int,Eddie.Platform.Linux.Native/eddie_sighandler)
  at Eddie.Platform.Linux.Platform.OnInit (System.Boolean cli) [0x0021a] in <fa5edc113cd34687a3a471dec3ba63b7>:0
  at Eddie.Core.Engine.Initialization (System.Boolean cli) [0x00000] in <1e873ed653644897a51a4d68deac7371>:0
  at Eddie.CLI.Linux.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00030] in <0746b67a12534408be7db4eef2ec9960>:0

Any ideas?

#2 LZ1

LZ1

It's nice to be nice to nice people

• Moderators
  • 1837 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:37 AM

Hello!

If it's happening with the experimental client then you can post about it in the experimental clients own thread in the announcement forum, so it'll get seen.

Hi there, are you new to AirVPN? Many of your questions are already answered in this guide. Its Guides Section has guides on Linux/Torrenting/Blocked sites & many other topics too.
Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please read the First Questions section in the link above for more details, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Tired of Windows? Why Linux Is Better.

#3 greerd

greerd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:03 PM

try

​nohup /home/eddie/./eddie-cli --login=myname--password=mypassword--netlock --connect --server=myserver & 

you forgot the ./ since /home/eddie isn't in the $PATH.

#4 56Kmodem

56Kmodem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 03:12 AM

No. That is not how this works.,

#5 corrado

corrado

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 12:04 PM   Best Answer

Are you using the portable version? You need to change the working directory in your shell/python script....

#6 56Kmodem

56Kmodem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:14 PM

Thank you very much. I worked with python and told the path via os.chdir. After that I started it with os.system.

#7 corrado

corrado

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:25 PM

Glad, I could help! As you are using python I would suggest you use the subprocess module instead of os.system as it is more flexible and secure. With subprocess it is even easier to specify the working directory when using the Popen constructor - subprocess.Popen(args, cwd=$WORKINGDIRECTORY). Have a look at the documentation.