Not connected, Your IP: 44.223.36.100
Sign in to follow this  
princesskenny

Prepaid cards in USA no longer work

Sorry to report that I signed up a year ago with a prepaid visa card but now they won't approve. I've tried 3 different prepaid types. It's not easy at all to be anonymous with bitcoin so that is not a good option. I haven't looked in a while but even on LocalBitcoin most of the sellers want you to be verified. Coinbase links your whole life to the account. Prepaid Visa is perfect. I've appreciated this service though so I'll be back when it's working. Hope you can get this sorted, I'm open to advice but please don't suggest BTC unless you have a truly anonymous way to get it.

please don't suggest BTC unless you have a truly anonymous way to get it.

Hello,

you can consider to sell your goods or services for Bitcoin. Anyway, we also accept ZCash and Monero which are designed to provide a rather strong layer of anonymity on every and each transaction. Even a Bitcoin wallet which is always run behind Tor provides some anonymity layer.

The problem you mention with prepaid and gift cards is not something strictly related to us: prepaid cards sold in a certain country may be restricted to be used only in that country, and of course we can't have sites in every country of the world. The reasons for which prepaid cards can be used only in the country where they are sold in are essentially based on anti money laundering considerations.

Kind regards