LZ1

It's nice to be nice to nice people

• Moderators
  • 1800 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:24 PM

Hello!

Welcome to AirVPN!

Finally someone who writes more than me! You'll fit right in. :asd:

I suppose the answer is "Yes it could" - especially from Airs standpoint, where you disabled the protections afforded. But we ultimately don't know. From your description, then "No" would be my guess.

Further, what you're describing in Eddie is most likely the routine latency tests and server updates. Which can potentially be reduced if you change Eddie>Preferences>Advanced>Disable Latency Tests & Change Update times. Although I don't know what Staff thinks of this. At any rate, some operating systems are more chatty than others.

Hi there, are you new to AirVPN? Many of your questions are already answered in this guide. Its Guides Section has guides on Linux/Torrenting/Blocked sites & many other topics too.
Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please read the First Questions section in the link above for more details, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Tired of Windows? Why Linux Is Better.

#3 JohnnyMoney

JohnnyMoney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:10 AM

Topic closed.

#4 LZ1

LZ1

It's nice to be nice to nice people

• Moderators
  • 1800 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:22 AM

Yes, pretty much. You can try it yourself: disconnect, keep NL on and try browse. It won't work.

I can't answer you about the VPS provider. It would seem to me that you would still need to trust that they're telling the truth as well. But if it allows you any peace of mind, then why not :).

Hi there, are you new to AirVPN? Many of your questions are already answered in this guide. Its Guides Section has guides on Linux/Torrenting/Blocked sites & many other topics too.
Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please read the First Questions section in the link above for more details, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Tired of Windows? Why Linux Is Better.

#5 JohnnyMoney

JohnnyMoney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:32 AM

Topic closed.

#6 wesolve4

wesolve4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSan Fernando Valley

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:57 PM

JohnnyMoney... what are you looking at that requires such diligence to remain anonymous?  Can I have the address?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ip, leak, dns, reveal, real, identity, address, location

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Servers online. Online Sessions: 14600 - BW: 40358 Mbit/sYour IP: 54.196.110.222Guest Access.