Not connected, Your IP: 3.138.105.31
usernamewhat

Can access to a vpn provider can be completely blocked?

Hi guys,

As you probably know, there's a lot if sad shit happening in Russia right now regarging blocking internet access to variout sites etc.

So the question is, can they theoretically completely block access to airvpn so that it becomes completely unusable?

And if yes, are there any preemptive steps I can take to reduce this risk for myself? (Except for moving )

Thanks.

Yes, at least on the ISP level.

Using MiTM certificate attacks, also known to the corporate world as SSL Interception, access to VPN's can be shut off.

Essentially what it means is that any secure data you send over the network would be encrypted with a key that your ISP has access to, thus your ISP could inspect any and all data you believe to be secure.

In doing so, since OpenVPN can't be decrypted by the ISP as it uses it's own certificates, the ISP will drop any VPN connection effectively blocking it.

This method can be used to block Tor, VPN and any anonymity tool that i know of.

@DarkSpace-Harbinger

It is not a reliable method at ISP level, too easy to bypass. But of course simpler methods are much more effective.

Kind regards

This method can be used to block Tor, VPN and any anonymity tool that i know of.

Wouldn't this also block any https.

too easy to bypass.

Can you provide any links on this topic?