Photo

Alternative AirVPN client with provider-independent double-hop support (GNU/Linux)

doublehop client python Linux openvpn firewall airvpn

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#181 rnd227

rnd227

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:09 AM

Works. (DebIan Stretch, Xfce4)

#182 rnd227

rnd227

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:11 AM

Question : what is the rule, with latency pings ? It seems to me that qomui only pings when not connected. Is that so ?

#183 persianhacker

persianhacker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 04:29 PM

For those who want to install this on Raspbian (raspberry pie os ) (or armhf): 
first : 

sudo apt-get install  python3-setuptools python3-pyqt5 python3-dbus python3-dbus.mainloop.pyqt5 openvpn stunnel dnsutils net-tools dnsmasq geoip-bin geoip-database python3-psutil python3-requests python3-lxml python3-bs4 python3-pexpect python3-cryptography

then just in case:

pip install beautifulsoup4

pip install pexpect
pip install psutil
pip install requests
pip install lxml

then 

git clone https://github.com/corrad1nho/qomui.git

then

cd qomui

sudo python3 setup.py build

sudo python3 setup.py install 

after this hop option will fail so:

copy "script" folder contents to  installed folder (4 files including hope and hope_down)

in my case

sudo cp /scripts/*.sh /usr/share/qomui/

perform a restart (or not) and Open the app

Done 

#184 Fagedoz

Fagedoz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 12:34 AM

Hello, after last update, i can't make connect with hop server, like airvpn1->airvpn2, before was all good.

And second, after all updates, im need manually reinstall qomui, because if i update it, qomui crash and don't work.

Xubuntu 18.04.1

#185 persianhacker

persianhacker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:59 AM

Hello, after last update, i can't make connect with hop server, like airvpn1->airvpn2, before was all good.

And second, after all updates, im need manually reinstall qomui, because if i update it, qomui crash and don't work.

Xubuntu 18.04.1

Logs? 

#186 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 2687 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:29 PM

A word of warning: The current v0.8.2 does work with Debian 9.7 but not with testing and sid. The dpkg-new not found thing occurs. It is very likely that the differences between the major versions are too big.

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs helps us read your thread.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

Instead of writing me a personal mail, consider contacting me via XMPP at gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join the lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org. I might read the mail too late whereas I'm always available on XMPP ;)

#187 corrado

corrado

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 07:20 PM

Xubuntu 18.04.1

Can you please post your log, so I can see where it fails. Manual re-installations won't be necessary anymore with the next release (hopefully!)

A word of warning: The current v0.8.2 does work with Debian 9.7 but not with testing and sid. The dpkg-new not found thing occurs. It is very likely that the differences between the major versions are too big.

Thanks for the warning! I have only tested on Debian stable so far, and the package for Debian is built against this version. I'll look into it.

Question : what is the rule, with latency pings ? It seems to me that qomui only pings when not connected. Is that so ?

No, it'll actually ping when it detects a new Internet connection which is usually the case after you start Qomui. It'll also perform latency checks after a network change and once you add new servers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Servers online. Online Sessions: 13671 - BW: 51879 Mbit/sYour IP: 34.229.175.129Guest Access.