Not connected, Your IP: 18.118.30.253
tenten10

Using 2 VPN at same time...

Hi Friends,

I am very happy with AirVPN and trust it, but I like to be extra internet safe because I like to speak my mind without being government censored!

So my situation:

On my main, desktop PC I connected to AirVPN. Then, I boot up VirtualBox and start up my Virtual Machine using NAT connection. On this Virtual Machine I connect to a different VPN Provider.

My question is, is this make me safer? Essentially I am 'hiding' behind 2 VPN's, first the Virtual Machine VPN then my desktop VPN from an outside view.

How safe is this technology set up?

Thanks for reading and your potential input. - Happy AirVPN Customer & Internet Freedom Advocate

If by safer you mean that the other provider will not be able to see your original ISP, then yes.

I like to be extra internet safe because I like to speak my mind without being government censored

You can already do that with Air.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Thank You Zhang... Much Appreciate. I read that AirVPN mission status and agreed overwhelmingly which is why I use AirVPN on my host machine...always on. always connected.

I think there is some confusion from the OP.  Using a VPN inside a Virtual Machine will only use that vpn.  It won't then route through the Air VPN on the non virtual machine, unless of course Air is being used at the router level.

I think there is some confusion from the OP.  Using a VPN inside a Virtual Machine will only use that vpn.  It won't then route through the Air VPN on the non virtual machine, unless of course Air is being used at the router level.

Oh Really? For Example. I connect to AIRVPN on host machine, I go to virtual machine via NAT, look up IP and it shows my AIRVPN IP ADDRESS, NOT REGULAR IP ADDRESS. Then in that Virtual Machine I connect to OTHER VPN and then it shows that VPNS IP ADDRESS. So that means it is working dont it? Or not? Or does Virtual Machine ONLY use 1 VPN and discredit AIRVPN in this case?

Thanks much..

Oh Really? For Example. I connect to AIRVPN on host machine, I go to virtual machine via NAT, look up IP and it shows my AIRVPN IP ADDRESS, NOT REGULAR IP ADDRESS. Then in that Virtual Machine I connect to OTHER VPN and then it shows that VPNS IP ADDRESS. So that means it is working dont it? Or not? Or does Virtual Machine ONLY use 1 VPN and discredit AIRVPN in this case?

Thanks much..

You said you use NAT in the VM? Then the VPN-s will be nested.

Some people here have the VM to use a "bridged" connection (i.e. the VM shares the real network interface card with Windows) rather than NAT. Then the VM's traffic goes straight to the router and bypasses the VPN running on Windows. Perhaps that is what kbps thought you were doing.

Thanks much..

You said you use NAT in the VM? Then the VPN-s will be nested.

Some people here have the VM to use a "bridged" connection (i.e. the VM shares the real network interface card with Windows) rather than NAT. Then the VM's traffic goes straight to the router and bypasses the VPN running on Windows. Perhaps that is what kbps thought you were doing.

Sir. That is correct, I use NAT. So virtual machine use my AIRVPN, then on virtual machine I use another VPN. Double Stuffed Me.

Thank you for advice to all. Much appreciate... kbps .. Router at Main Level is Great Idea I need to Consider that in future... Thanks!