Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.220.120
Sign in to follow this  
mmogamr

Port forwarding question

Sorry if this is stated somewhere else.

When using port forwarding and utorrent, such in another similar thread (the OP forwards port 4554 in the VPN and configures utorrent to use that port). Are you exposing your identity? I know it is necessary (https://airvpn.org/faq/#port_forwarding) to do port forwarding for torrent seeding, but I'm unsure if it makes it so that others can see your real IP address or anything, or will everything still go through the VPN?

Also, to get this set up properly. Do I just set a port forwarding in the Air Vpn port forwarding on the website, and then in utorrent put that port into utorrent's port forwarding? I feel like there's another step in here.

By port forwarding you do not expose your identity. If you open a port in AirVPN, it means that the INCOMING traffic (TCP/UDP or both) arriving at that port, will be forwarded to you. That's all.

Sorry if this is stated somewhere else.

When using port forwarding and utorrent, such in another similar thread (the OP forwards port 4554 in the VPN and configures utorrent to use that port). Are you exposing your identity? I know it is necessary (https://airvpn.org/faq/#port_forwarding) to do port forwarding for torrent seeding, but I'm unsure if it makes it so that others can see your real IP address or anything, or will everything still go through the VPN?

Hello!

As fort1 wrote, your real IP is not exposed in any way with remote port forwarding.

Also, to get this set up properly. Do I just set a port forwarding in the Air Vpn port forwarding on the website, and then in utorrent put that port into utorrent's port forwarding? I feel like there's another step in here.

Yes, that's it. In particular, it's important that you do NOT forward that port on your router.

Kind regards