1 reply to this topic

#1 JAVPN

JAVPN

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:29 PM

Hi

I'm new to linux and i installed eddie on ubuntu. Everything worked well and i connected to a server in the Netherlands. The airvpn websites agrees with that by saying that I'm in the Netherlands, however google and ip address websites show that I'm still in the UK. How do i solve this?

#2 LZ1

LZ1

It's nice to be nice to nice people

• Moderators
  • 1823 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:01 PM

Hello!

Please turn on Network Lock and then head to ipleak.net and see. It happens on occasion that the wrong IP is shown on websites, due for instance to issues with maxmind.

In particular, there's also no DNS leaks on Linux :).

Hi there, are you new to AirVPN? Many of your questions are already answered in this guide. Its Guides Section has guides on Linux/Torrenting/Blocked sites & many other topics too.
Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please read the First Questions section in the link above for more details, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Tired of Windows? Why Linux Is Better.