Not connected, Your IP: 3.22.240.205
motuvpnhome

Woeful speeds - 1Mb/s to 4Mb/s

New user, joined on a recommendation of a friend, but the speeds are woeful. I have followed directions on port forwarding, router etc, but apparently I am not alone, friends now also tell me the speeds have dropped massively over the last couple of weeks. My account is less than 48 hours old, signed up for 12 months, can I get my money back?

Hello!

Welcome!

I don't know if you can get your money back, but if you wanted to try, you should use the Contact Us tab.

Before you do though, I urge you to tell us more about your setup and if you tried using different protocols and locations.

If you use an ISP which throttles people for example, such as Comcast, you can benefit from changing the protocol to SSL or SSH .

Likewise, connecting to locations such as the Netherlands, which are well-connected, can be helpful. Don't assume that a location close to you = better speeds.

Do also tell us what speeds you mean: just torrenting speeds for example? Or general usage.

If you take a look at the Top Users page for instance, you'll see there's a huge amount of people getting excellent speeds.

Which of course suggests it's fully possible to do so, using Air. But as with any product worth anything, it can take some patience to figure out initial problems .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Don't know what to say that LZ1 hasn't. There nothing to go on here. If you could share details we could help. It might be a simple fix. Without details try reset to default and start config again. Rinse and repeat lol 

You've probably started a support ticket. Support staff here is quick and knowledgeable. Hope they get you up and running.

Our speeds have been consistently fast for a long time, probably the fastest vpn we've tried to date. check speeds at fast.com

If you're an new user or advanced user - Eddie is the preferred way to go imo. Eddie has options in preferences and defaults to help out with ISP throttling - check how you have configured it

That said; it's our belief that user error causes much grief. ISP's cause alot of grief followed closely by Win OS with TAP and openvpn failures and all the crap it has working all the time. 

Linux (debian distros) both with Eddie and net manager is flawless, period

I'm not a Air shill just a satisfied customer because Air does exactly what it claims