Not connected, Your IP: 3.239.208.72

Hi.

I already posted here https://airvpn.org/topic/14949-help-with-port-forwarding/?do=findComment&comment=68954

but a standalone thread might make more sense.

My question is, when I have multiple AirVPN sessions (multiple devices connected through AirVPN), how do I make sure that one port is forwarded to the device I intend to forward it to (which in my case is always my home server)?

I saw no way of doing this in the port forwarding setup page/process.

I thought that the multiple device/key management would help but could not find anything there.

Any idea? :-)

Note that I have port forwarding currently working very well with only my home server connected to the VPN. Since I now want to connect other devices (notebook, phone) through AirVPN, I want to make sure I am not going to ruin my setip.

Thanks in advance!

Hi.

I already posted here https://airvpn.org/topic/14949-help-with-port-forwarding/?do=findComment&comment=68954

but a standalone thread might make more sense.

My question is, when I have multiple AirVPN sessions (multiple devices connected through AirVPN), how do I make sure that one port is forwarded to the device I intend to forward it to (which in my case is always my home server)?

I saw no way of doing this in the port forwarding setup page/process.

I thought that the multiple device/key management would help but could not find anything there.

Any idea? :-)

Note that I have port forwarding currently working very well with only my home server connected to the VPN. Since I now want to connect other devices (notebook, phone) through AirVPN, I want to make sure I am not going to ruin my setip.

Thanks in advance!

All of the ports you select will be forwarded from each server you connect to, back to the client device you connected to it from. So clearly if you try to make two connections to the same server, for example one using TCP and one using UDP, there will be a conflict.

All of the ports you select will be forwarded from each server you connect to, back to the client device you connected to it from. So clearly if you try to make two connections to the same server, for example one using TCP and one using UDP, there will be a conflict.

Thanks. That is very clear.

I just read that the DDNS will not work properly with multiples sessions so I'll just have to use another DDNS service and I'll be good to go

:-)

One more question : if I use multiple devices with multiple sessions, will they always have different exit IPs or should I do something special with device/key management or anything else?

I want to make sure that if I connect to the right IP the forwarded port will not be forwarded to the wrong device.

Thanks again in advance :-)

One more question : if I use multiple devices with multiple sessions, will they always have different exit IPs or should I do something special with device/key management or anything else?

I want to make sure that if I connect to the right IP the forwarded port will not be forwarded to the wrong device.

The ports you've forwarded will be forwarded on all servers to which you're connected.  So, you don't need to worry about connecting the right device to the right server.

Each server has a different exit IP address. All clients connected to the same server will have the same exit IP address.