UPDATE: EXPERIMENTAL PHASE ENDED. PLEASE SEE HERE: https://airvpn.org/topic/28153-ipv6-support/
We are glad to inform you that a new experimental server called Castor is now publicly available, with a series of new features:
- Standard protocols/ports with IPv6 support, updated OpenVPN server, better cipher negotiation
- Additional protocols/ports with IPv6 support, updated OpenVPN server, better cipher negotiation, 'tls-crypt' directive, TLS 1.2 forced
These additional protocols/ports require OpenVPN 2.4 or higher version
- Internal load balancing between OpenVPN daemons
- New DNS server engine
You can experiment with Castor in two modes:
- Using the latest Eddie 2.14beta
- Using our Config Generator (check 'Advanced' in top-right corner for IPv6 and tls-crypt options)
- The new server is marked as 'Experimental' and will not be proposed by default (opt-in).
- Don't rely on Castor during the experimental period, we might need to reboot it to fix newest issues.
- There is a bug related to Castor IPv6 DNS that occasionally affects only Windows. See the topic Why in special cases DNS of IPv6 are not pushed by our server.
For this reason IPv6 DNS is disabled by default only with Config Generator. Eddie implements a workaround for this issue.
- A lot of websites that perform IPv6 check can report false-positive, or in general browser may not use IPv6. See the topic The issue "Your browser is avoiding IPv6." for more information.
After the experimental period and when Eddie 2.14 is released as stable, we will upgrade every VPN server (where possible, since some of our ISPs don't have IPv6 infrastructure) to be based on Castor server-side software.