Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.248.24
Sign in to follow this  
phatzo

Why is private info needed?

Could not help but wonder why private information i.e., full name and home address asked to be filled out during the payment process for AirVPN service?

A response is appreciated.

One of the many inevitable disadvantages when paying using a credit card.

The general consensus is, for people who want to really stay private, payments

using anonymous credit cards or other crypto-currencies is not a rocket science.

So basically, you have to choose as always between convenience and privacy/anonymity.

When you are paying with your own card there are many side channels who's

job is to check the validity of this transaction, when a physical card is not available.

That's why many more info is requested, even if it is not transmitted back to Air, but instead

to your bank or the credit card issuer to see if the transaction can be accepted.

The huge amount of fraud with credit cards is one of the reasons merchants pay up to 5% for it.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

BTW one method of payment vs the other as you have outlined is no more private than paying cash, cuz as you know "crypto currancy" flies no lower under he radar than any other method of payment, digital is digital which is easily traceable Which reminds me, your competitors did not make an inquiry regarding private info linked to a credit card. So that being said "rocket science" is irrelevant under this circumstance. Thank you for your reply none the less.