Not connected, Your IP: 3.135.246.193

I paid for a subscription and then received an email from avangate.com requesting ID and proof of address, They are airvpn  service providers and not mine. I will not be sending them any details and I believe airvpn should deal with them. Has any one else had this problem and how did you resolve it? Thanks in advance.

There is nothing to do from the merchant side in case of fraud failures and/or false positives.

You cannot tell Avangate "Hi, please approve this card transaction, I trust this user" as a merchant.

Such things can be due to multiple reasons, but you can open a ticket and use an alternative method.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Pay twice? or will they refund me eventually if I ignore their request. Should I make a chargeback? As a merchant you can surely contact them and say Hi, cancel this transaction and give my customer his money back. It's a bit unfair to say airvpn should wash their hands of the transaction.

You are not actually charged unless you provide the requested info. That's the point of anti-fraud.

The frozen balance will be automatically released after a short period of time.

Paying twice is an impossible scenario, you will be refunded for the stuck transaction if you open a ticket.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Im not surprised that you have problems w Avangate --- just like Paypal. The howto-pay situation has deteriorated considerably the last few years. And no .. bitcoin and crypto is not an alternative.

Where can I send C@sh to?

Im not surprised that you have problems w Avangate --- just like Paypal. The howto-pay situation has deteriorated considerably the last few years. And no .. bitcoin and crypto is not an alternative.

Where can I send C@sh to?

Hello!

First of all thank you very much for your long term subscription. We're glad to know that you managed to solve the issue. Enjoy AirVPN!

We don't have any problem with Avangate and/or PayPal. Remember that when you sign a contract to be able to use a credit card, you explicitly accept the fact that every merchant has the right to book your funds and then NOT accept your payment if you refuse to provide a valid ID document, when they can't verify the proper signature of the card (which is always, in the online world).

We guess that in the online world such a legitimate right is exercised in an attempt to prevent the huge amount of frauds which are attempted every day online and offline. Fair or unfair condition, credit card emitters grant a merchant the right to ask for an ID (but only when the merchant can't see the customer in person and verify the proper signature, in general). In some countries, showing an ID is always mandatory, even if the merchant can see you and the card physically and check the signature.

We're also sorry to say that we can't accept cash. It would be humanly impossible to link a cash payment to some account and activate it manually without dozens of persons specifically dedicated to this work all day. Maybe a solution for tiny businesses with just a few thousand customers, but not for us, it would imply an incredibly enormous economic and time effort. Also useless, because cryptocurrencies work much more efficiently, quickly, smoothly and securely than a snail mail with cash inside.

Again, thank you for your patience and thank you very much for your choice!

Kind regards