We're very glad to announce that a new option has been added in your account "Client Area". You will find a menu item labeled "Devices / Keys".
The "Devices / Keys" tab provides you with access to a new panel to administer your client certificate/key pairs. The panel lets you use a new multi-key support from AirVPN, a comfortable and convenient feature. From now on, you will be able to have multiple keys, renew them and issue completely new keys. From each device of yours you will be free to use any key you like.
Therefore you can keep all of your keys under control, administer them and also connect multiple devices to the same server and port by using a different key on each device. Eddie 2.13.6 (current stable release) already implements in the Overview window a menu which will let you choose a key before you start a connection. It will appear automagically when you create a new key from your account control panel.
The Configuration Generator has been modified as well, to let you generate configuration files with the certificate/key pair you wish.
Let's see in details how to use the "Devices/Keys" options.
- Device Name and Description: this is a free name or description that you can associate to any key for your comfort.
- Columns Type, Creation date, Last renew date and Last VPN connection are informative.
- Renew: this is an action button. When you click it, the corresponding certificate/key pair will be revoked, and new ones will be issued.
- Delete: this action button will revoke the corresponding certificate, without issuing a new one.
- Add a new key: this action button will create a totally new certificate/key pair which will be added without revoking or renewing any pre-existing key.
- View history will toggle with View Active to provide you with any relevant information on the history of your actions about keys and the current active list.
Some caution when using these new features:
- if you revoke or renew a certificate/key which is being used by some connected device, that device will soon be disconnected
- in Eddie, you will need to log your account out and then in again to force Eddie to pick a different key (new or old)
Kind regards and datalove