Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.228.88
win8

Success! Linksys E900 w dd-wrt and AirVPN

I recently purchased a simple router (Linksys E900), successfully was able to flash from Linksys firmware 1.07 to dd-wrt. Especially interesting now since AirVPN now allows 5 simultaneous connects. I personally find it easier, more effortless using an additional router than the Eddie client (ok, Eddie offers more different connections types like ssl etc).

Basically all i had to do, was to download the appropiate dd-wrt files (1. dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e900.bin, 2. dd-wrt.v24-33525_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv64k.bin). You 'll find (1.) under the router database on dd-wrt site. The (2.) from dd-wrt wiki "E900" .... google for "dd-wrt linksys e900", then follow link to beta ftp site. It seems to be important to do a 30-30-30 reset* before and after each upgrade. A note on how to do this you'll find also on dd-wrt wiki. 

You may have to tinker a bit w the dd-wrt router settings to get a stable connect to AirVPN, basically I followed the standard "How to" available here on this site. 

Questions/Uncertainties:
Not sure: 
I disabled "Shortcut Forwarding Engine" option

Unsolved:
How to fix? - WARNING: file '/tmp/openvpncl/client.key' is group or others accessible 
Answer: 
How to fix? - WARNING: file '/tmp/openvpncl/ta.key' is group or others accessible
Answer:  
How to fix? - NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts
Answer: 
How to fix? - 1 variation(s) on previous 3 message(s) suppressed by --mute 
Answer: 

Solved:
How to fix? - WARNING: --ns-cert-type is DEPRECATED. Use --remote-cert-tls instead.
Answer:  About ns-cert-type you might safely ignore the warning. Otherwise, please upgrade your firmware (if a newer version is available), implement remote-cert-tls and remove ns-cert-type.
Answer II: Under "Services" tab--> VPN -> additonal Config  ...add    remote-cert-tls server
How to fix? - WARNING: this configuration may cache passwords in memory -- use the auth-nocache option to prevent this 
Answer: About the caching of passwords in memory, just ignore. Our setup does not use passwords.
Answer II: Under "Services" tab--> VPN -> additonal Config  ...add    auth-nocache

* In principal disconnect LAN cable/WLAN connect, then press the reset button for 30 seconds, then while holding down the reset button, disconnect the power cable, and again after 30 seconds reconnect it and finally release the reset after another 30 seconds.