Not connected, Your IP: 3.238.233.189
Sign in to follow this  
xprox

let nginx listen for connections outside of the vpn tunnel

I have an nginx setup as a reverse proxy for my subsonic server. I have a purchased domain name and valid ssl certificate for this service so I would like to host the service at all times outside of the vpn tunnel so that my users don't get ssl errors all the time. Since the server traffic is encrypted anyway I am not to worried about not having the vpn for this particular service. I am using eddie on Arch Linux to connect to airvpn. Is there any way to configure nginx or eddie so that all the traffic from nginx is routed outside the vpn tunnel? Any help is greatly appreciated.

See "UPDATE 2" here:

https://airvpn.org/topic/12274-ubuntu-vm-cant-connect-through-openvpn/?p=44812

You can't use network lock.

It makes no difference if the service is SSH or a web server.

Or, rather than using the VPN by default and configuring some things not to use the real interface, you could go the route of only using the VPN for specific programs (e.g. a torrent client or an HTTP proxy/SQUID). For this see the second half of this post (the Linux part about source address routing):

https://airvpn.org/topic/14158-question-run-airvpn-as-non-primary-network-adapter/?p=27398