• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 u12mam9

u12mam9

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:45 PM

I only use UK servers, all 16 of which I have added to the whitelist. However, there are around ~200 AirVPN servers in total, and when I start the AirVPN client the latency tests run for every single one of them.

I often end up waiting longer for the latency tests to complete than I do connecting to the server itself, which is silly since I only need the tests to run on 16 out of the ~200.

Can we please have a setting that allows us to restrict the latency test to the whitelist or another set of servers?

So much effort is put into reducing OS startup time and this seems to throw a lot of that effort out the window.

#2 Hutchinman

Hutchinman

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:28 AM

This needs to happen ASAP.

#3 u12mam9

u12mam9

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:50 PM

This needs to happen ASAP.

I am baffled that it isn't already. AirVPN's client is a mature piece of software, yet this is the first thing I noticed about it and it irritates me every time. I can't be the only one to have suggested it.

#4 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2445 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:14 AM

No problems here. If it so happens that I need the client, latency is shown for all servers immediately after launch.

If it's not shown right away for you check your environment first. Configs, firewalls, routers, cables and the like.

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs is the proper way to heaven.
Same issues are rare! Search for solutions and if not successful open your own threads.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~