Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.174.168
Zephuus

Are greatly varying speeds normal?

Hello everyone! I am completely new to VPN's and I have come to AirVPN after a lot of research and so far I am liking it.

At first I was capped at 1mbps with a 50mbps connection. But through forum digging I installed the old TAP driver as well as changed to the SSH protocol and now I am getting better speeds.
But my question is, is it normal for the speed to be constantly changing on the client?
I will watch it and it will constantly every second change between 1mb to 40 mbps averaging around 16 and 20. I am just wondering if this is normal or if their is something additionally I may be missing? I also notice for torrents if I download more than 1 at a time, 1 will be downloading at 1mbps while the others will be very slow at 100kbps or lower (using qBittorrent but not 4.0 as I saw all the speed problems people were having). I am simply just curious as this is so new to me. Thank you for taking the time to answer!

I am also new to VPNs and I also have noticed the same thing (but with a much more slow connection unfortunately, but that is another problem). The Download speed that the client Eddie displays is an up and down 'spikey' graph, and I also would like to know if I have to dig in to change some configuration or anything.

For reference, I have spikes between 0 bit/s and 3Mbps

Not sure if this helps, but try to go to Preferences in Eddie, then Advanced, Change TCP\UDP send+receive buffer size to : 256 KB