Not connected, Your IP: 34.229.62.45
bluesjunior

Attention!! qBittorrent Users.

Long time AirVPN and qBittorrent user here who has had both of them working together very on my Windows 10 v 1709 machine. Of course download speeds vary depending on how many seeders etc are available but using my favourite AirVPN servers and with qBittorrent set up properly using the forwarded port set I get download speeds as high as 17Mb/s at times but rarely does a single download go below 1Mb/s. Yesterday I updated to the latest version of qBittorrent v4.0.0 and this morning it was like being back on a 54k connection, incredibly slow qBittorrent d/s. I first visited their website forum where several people are complaining about problems with the latest version and posts about slow downloads are being locked and given  the following link https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/7741. I tried a couple of the suggestions to no avail and I am now going to uninstall v4.0.0 and reinstall v3.16.0 which worked fine for me before.

Just a heads up really as I know several members here use qBittorrent. If any of you younger cleverer technical types finds a solution or a workround to this please post it here.

Yeah, thanks for the alert.

I often avoid the N.0 version of critical/everyday/production software and check forums and wait for at least the N.1, doing this currently with VirtualBox 5.2.0. Often new bugs emerge with a bigger variety of configurations and user behaviour than could be tested, even for big orgs like Oracle and Microsoft and Android.

And programmers often have extra debugging and tracing options in the early program build to help find problems, and so slower and bigger. Time and efforts fix things.

Sometimes things like config data formats are modified in a new .0 version, and rollback to the previous version means back to your backups rather than just a reinstall over - things can get ugly.

Sometimes "team" politics and egos and project management schedules allow bad stuff to get through, until there is a user uproar.

I'm using the v4.0.0 qBittorrent, the speeds were very weak. I've had to reboot a few times when changing servers on AirVPN, since qBittorrent wont connect to any trackers after doing so. After rebooting a 3rd time today my speeds are finally where they should be. Obviously this does not help anyone in any way, just adding some input on the situation.

Just an update to my OP. There is a v4.0.1 update available today which I installed and everything is now working well, even better than before I believe. I was getting a total of 18.7MiB/s spread over 5 downloads connected to Hyadum this morning. So it appears that they have fixed whatever it was causing the problems and I like the new GUI as well.

Long time AirVPN and qBittorrent user here who has had both of them working together very on my Windows 10 v 1709 machine. Of course download speeds vary depending on how many seeders etc are available but using my favourite AirVPN servers and with qBittorrent set up properly using the forwarded port set I get download speeds as high as 17Mb/s at times but rarely does a single download go below 1Mb/s. Yesterday I updated to the latest version of qBittorrent v4.0.0 and this morning it was like being back on a 54k connection, incredibly slow qBittorrent d/s. I first visited their website forum where several people are complaining about problems with the latest version and posts about slow downloads are being locked and given  the following link https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/7741. I tried a couple of the suggestions to no avail and I am now going to uninstall v4.0.0 and reinstall v3.16.0 which worked fine for me before.

Just a heads up really as I know several members here use qBittorrent. If any of you younger cleverer technical types finds a solution or a workround to this please post it here.

I have experienced the same problems, plus when I tried to uninstall v4.0.0 qBittorrent, Windows 10 said I didn't have administrative privileges to remove the program. Ended up having to get IObit uninstaller to remove it. Reinstalled v3.16.0 and it is working fine.