Not connected, Your IP: 3.15.226.173
Sign in to follow this  
retiredpilot

Help me to interpret an error/flag from Eddie on Debian Jessie

Wrestling with this for a day or so now.  Background; running Debian on several partitions, all of which have separate OS instances and are independent of each other.  Partition in question for this thread is a LVM on LUKS and its running fine and has been for over a year.  I have been using Eddie and this is a family use partition so I need it to work without a hitch.  I recently upgraded to Eddie's latest stable release from this site and I confirmed the sha512 so I know the downloaded package is OK.  Each partition on this machine mounts via a unique and separate /boot flash for the exact partition to be used.  The MBR has never changed and I ran a checksum on the MBR and compared it to the original.  In other words not one single byte on the MBR has ever changed so its not an issue there!

I have been getting an error flag that I can't figure out.  I don't know how to proceed.  Here is the report on the flag:

E 2017.10.10 20:34:25 - Error: ApplicationName='/sbin/iptables', CommandLine='--wait -I OUTPUT 1 -d 104.129.24.154 -j ACCEPT', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Out of memory

I am wondering if somehow my iptables have gotten hosed.  If I start the computer over Eddie will virtually always connect without a hitch.  But when I close Eddie down (full disconnecting/exit process runs in Eddie) and then later try to reconnect I get the error flag shown above.  The flag displays itself at the top of my screen and only shows for an instant and then disappears.  I pulled this flag report from the report button on the right side of Eddie's client.

Further:  If I delete the AirVPN.xml (home/user/.airvpn/AirVPN.xml on debian) the first time I enter the needed credentials it will connect flawlessly.  But then if I exit and later try to reconnect same flag pops up.

It doesn't matter if I have UFW enabled or disabled.  Currently I have disabled UFW to be somewhat certain it doesn't interfere with anything.

Any idea what could be causing this?

100 views and little to no ideas?  I confess to being stuck.  I flashed back a saved sector based image containing the older version of Eddie and updated Debian completely afterwards.  Running slick but in the end I am now using Eddie two versions behind in the stable release.  This is for family privacy so I am not overly concerned about this.  Beats me up though thinking the newest Eddie runs great on this exact same physical machine running Debian, just on a separate partition.  Hmmmm??