3 replies to this topic

#1 Tommelot

Tommelot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:23 AM

Hi all,

The screenshot below shows the struggles I've been having with AirVPN, since I bought a subscription yesterday Capture1.PNG

My internet connection is 30 mbit, but I already know from experience without vpn that the provider delivers a consistent 10 mbit connection (something they won't fix),

However, since I joined AirVPN the p2p capacity has grinded to a halt! Using a private torrent subscription, I normally download 1mb/s, and I still seem to be able to reach those speeds for a few minutes per hour, but the rest of the time the speeds are reduced to 50kb/s max.

I've set up Deluge to only listen on a specific port, which I received through this website, but it seems to no avail.

Looking at the eddie log, it appears that the slowdown either started or ended around the 9:50 mark (I wasn't tracking when I took the screenshots), and would really like to consistently receive quicker speeds. Is there anything I can try? I've already tried a few different servers and did the general reading-up on the forum.

Capture2.PNG

#2 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 2687 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

Disabled your antivirus?

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs helps us read your thread.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

Instead of writing me a personal mail, consider contacting me via XMPP at gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join the lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org. I might read the mail too late whereas I'm always available on XMPP ;)

#3 Tommelot

Tommelot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:13 PM

Antivirus? Don't have it.

#4 dudaboss

dudaboss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:00 PM

Some servers are slower than others especially when you connect half way around the world.  Try connecting to a closer server and check firewall settings to make sure eddie is not being affected by the firewall.