Not connected, Your IP: 44.205.5.65
yogich

Android: ovpn files grayed out

Weird...they're both, Linux.

Android is Android, Linux is Linux. The Android kernel might be based on Linux, they share similarities, but they differ in functionality.

Then, when I try importing the config files they are all, greyed.

Known problem. In the Document Picker, choose to pick a file from another files app.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I just had the same problem on a Sony Xperia Z5 Premium. If you have a SD Card, try copying the the ovpn file to the downloads folder on the SD Card. Then use the import from SD Card option (I am using OpenVPN for Android).  It worked for me.

Cheers

Tom

Weird...they're both, Linux.

Android is Android, Linux is Linux. The Android kernel might be based on Linux, they share similarities, but they differ in functionality.

Just for completeness sake: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)

The Linux kernel is almost identical between various GNU/Linux distributions and Android (which is considered a Linux distribution by the Linux Foundation).

The upper layers differ significantly from most GNU/Linux distributions (in addition to the changes by Google in the Linux kernel: only some of them have been ported to the Linux kernel main branch) - as noted in the above linked article, a major difference is that the C library is different.

The reason for which in our "Configuration Generator "Linux" version is recommended for "OpenVPN for Android" application was due to text formatting.

Kind regards