• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 R8T3D

R8T3D

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:52 AM

Hello! I have been using AirVPN at home like a charm for months now, however when I am on a certain network away from my house I cannot seem to get it to work. When I use all of the non-SSL and SSH protocols, it fails to connect. When I use SSL or SSH I get an error in my logs:

"Squid does not support some access protocols. For example, the SSH protocol is currently not supported."

How can I fix this so I can use SSL or SSH?

#2 zhang888

zhang888

Donald Trump of IT/Security

• Moderators
  • 2205 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:59 PM

Squid is an HTTP/HTTPS based proxy, so in some configurations an SSL tunnel can work.

Squid is mostly used to ensure a fair bandwidth sharing in busy places, such as Airports, to

ensure that clients only (ab)use the minimal required resources in order to keep the network unsaturated.

An SSL tunnel should work in most cases, unless you cannot use HTTPS websites from this network, which

makes it very limited by itself and not compatible with 2017 web standards.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

#3 R8T3D

R8T3D

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:57 AM

Squid is an HTTP/HTTPS based proxy, so in some configurations an SSL tunnel can work.
Squid is mostly used to ensure a fair bandwidth sharing in busy places, such as Airports, to
ensure that clients only (ab)use the minimal required resources in order to keep the network unsaturated.

An SSL tunnel should work in most cases, unless you cannot use HTTPS websites from this network, which
makes it very limited by itself and not compatible with 2017 web standards.

Sorry for such a late response, I tried SSL and it still fails to connect, everything works well and then it gives me this error:

Spoiler