Not connected, Your IP: 3.17.184.90
Sign in to follow this  
freanerdk

LG OLED TV Eddie Client possibly?

Just got our new LG OLED Smart TV and I was wondering if there is anyway possibly to install AirVpn? I do have it on my Iphone but did not read anywhere if it is possibly to get it on TV with wify.

This would help to get the Netflix american catalog.

No, forget it. Technically, it might be possible but realistically, no way.

What you need to do is get AirVPN configured on your internet router or a virtual machine with router software and VPN installed and use its IP address as default gateway.

Please keep in mind that Netflix won't work over VPN.

What I'd personally do with a smart TV is not connect it to the internet and use the TV apps on a HTPC or alike.

Very good post. I personally use a router with Tomato firmware, though you want a pretty beefy router to handle the processing(encryption/decryption). Other than that, Netflix does work with some VPN servers, but they are always expanding their blacklist. So what works today may not tomorrow. I cancelled Netflix ages ago when they had to scale back content I wanted due to licensing and decided to become the next HBO with original content, but doing a lame job at it. So, a non-issue for me.