Not connected, Your IP: 52.23.201.145

Hello, I have been referred by a friend who recommended this service, and I have some doubts.

Does AirVPN store the IP address of the person connecting to the server ?, if so ... for how long?

Do you have access to identifiable user data such as IP address?

Do the servers used by AirVPN only work in RAM?

At the request of a government / police force / intelligence agency will you release my IP address or any other information that can identify me?

Thank you very much for your kindness.

I send you a big hug.

No to all your questions

I would like to get a more enriching answer, also says 'no' to this question ?:

Do the servers used by AirVPN only work in RAM?

Thank you.

Hello, I have been referred by a friend who recommended this service, and I have some doubts.

Does AirVPN store the IP address of the person connecting to the server ?, if so ... for how long?

First off, Welcome!

All VPN service providers have some degree of knowledge as concerning to you IP. Any provider telling you otherwise is either withholding the truth, to lazy to quote their privacy- or terms of use clause or flat out lying. Without it the VPN servers would not know where to connect for instance.

That being said as it's stated on the Airvpn homepage "No monitoring nor logging of your online activities".  I don't know much about the question "Do the servers used by AirVPN only work in RAM?", but it also works over routers, not just limited to the Eddie client. If that is what you're asking.

https://airvpn.org/privacy/ - Privacy Notice and Terms

Air servers and software procedures acquire only personal data which are strictly necessary for the technical functioning of the service, for example IP address. These data are not collected to identify, through elaboration or any other technique, users' personal identities. These data are not transmitted to third parties.

Pressure from private actors to obtain any data (including but not limited to IP address of users) is an illegal act and Air, in order to protect its business and the users' privacy, reserves the right to inform the competent authorities and prosecute the private entities responsible for such illegal acts.

At the request of a government / police force / intelligence agency will you release my IP address or any other information that can identify me?

If you don't log and monitor at all, then there is nothing to give and that includes IP addresses as far as my knowledge and understanding goes.

https://airvpn.org/tos/ - Terms Of Use

2) AirVPN enables and allows you to bypass government and ISP censorship. If you use the service from a country which performs censorship by law, you understand and accept that you bypass censorship under your own responsibility. The company which operates AirVPN might not recognize competence of jurisdiction of the country you live in and/or AirVPN is not allowed nor willing to monitor your communications.

3) AirVPN enables and allows you to use applications forbidden by your ISP and/or by your government. If you use the Service from a country which forbids applications by law, and/or from an ISP which discriminates against services and/or protocols and/or applications and/or packet senders and/or packet receivers, you understand and accept that you operate under your own responsibility. The company which operates AirVPN may not recognize competence of jurisdiction of the country you live in and/or AirVPN is neither allowed nor willing to monitor its subscribers' communications and/or AirVPN may not be bound to any contractual agreement with your ISP(s) or any other private actor.

These are, but a few quotes. I recommend you to read through them to see whether or not it's agreeable to you. They're quite short a read as opposed too (compared too) ToS and Privacy documents i've read from other VPN providers. Hell, it's actually the shortest i've read so far.

Also, the search function showed me this topic (https://airvpn.org/topic/15396-does-airvpn-log-its-users-ip-addresses/) that was asked about a similar question.

First off, Welcome!

All VPN service providers have some degree of knowledge as concerning to you IP. Any provider telling you otherwise is either withholding the truth, to lazy to quote their privacy- or terms of use clause or flat out lying. Without it the VPN servers would not know where to connect for instance.

That being said as it's stated on the Airvpn homepage "No monitoring nor logging of your online activities".  I don't know much about the question "Do the servers used by AirVPN only work in RAM?", but it also works over routers, not just limited to the Eddie client. If that is what you're asking.

https://airvpn.org/privacy/ - Privacy Notice and Terms

Air servers and software procedures acquire only personal data which are strictly necessary for the technical functioning of the service, for example IP address. These data are not collected to identify, through elaboration or any other technique, users' personal identities. These data are not transmitted to third parties.

Pressure from private actors to obtain any data (including but not limited to IP address of users) is an illegal act and Air, in order to protect its business and the users' privacy, reserves the right to inform the competent authorities and prosecute the private entities responsible for such illegal acts.

If you don't log and monitor at all, then there is nothing to give and that includes IP addresses as far as my knowledge and understanding goes.

2) AirVPN enables and allows you to bypass government and ISP censorship. If you use the service from a country which performs censorship by law, you understand and accept that you bypass censorship under your own responsibility. The company which operates AirVPN might not recognize competence of jurisdiction of the country you live in and/or AirVPN is not allowed nor willing to monitor your communications.

3) AirVPN enables and allows you to use applications forbidden by your ISP and/or by your government. If you use the Service from a country which forbids applications by law, and/or from an ISP which discriminates against services and/or protocols and/or applications and/or packet senders and/or packet receivers, you understand and accept that you operate under your own responsibility. The company which operates AirVPN may not recognize competence of jurisdiction of the country you live in and/or AirVPN is neither allowed nor willing to monitor its subscribers' communications and/or AirVPN may not be bound to any contractual agreement with your ISP(s) or any other private actor.

These are, but a few quotes. I recommend you to read through them to see whether or not it's agreeable to you. They're quite short a read as opposed too (compared too) ToS and Privacy documents i've read from other VPN providers. Hell, it's actually the shortest i've read so far.

Also, the search function showed me this topic (https://airvpn.org/topic/15396-does-airvpn-log-its-users-ip-addresses/) that was asked about a similar question.

Hi there,

i have already read your TOS and Privacy policies but i must thank you for quoting the above as it will also

make things a bit clearer for other people.

Sometimes people just don't / wont read them or use the search function..

Regards..

Don't Waste Words on People who Deserve your Silence,

Sometimes the Most Powerful thing you can Say is

Nothing at ALL...

First off, Welcome!

>https://airvpn.org/privacy/ - Privacy Notice and Terms

Thank you very much for your response, I really liked it!

In my country there is no freedom of expression, and the work of journalism becomes very difficult, the government would be able to perform even false accusations in order to obtain information.

I send you a big hug!

HewlettPackard HP has been calling me in regards to "malicious" data on one of my computers running AirVpn.  They are using the computers MAC address as the identifier as to who(myself) owns the computer.  To the best of my knowledge HP has no authority about anything having to do with the computer I purchased from them years ago.  They continue to call and harras me; including hanging up on me.  I would like to know what is the proper way of handling this situation.  

I look forward to your reply.

By the way, do I need to spoof the computers MAC address from this point forward?

-killhellokitty

killhellokitty:

HewlettPackard HP has been calling me in regards to "malicious" data on one of my computers running AirVpn.  They are using the computers MAC address as the identifier as to who(myself) owns the computer.  To the best of my knowledge HP has no authority about anything having to do with the computer I purchased from them years ago.  They continue to call and harras me; including hanging up on me.  I would like to know what is the proper way of handling this situation.  

By the way, do I need to spoof the computers MAC address from this point forward?

-killhellokitty

-------------------------------------------

Sounds like a bunch of bunk. Like the caller who says something that makes you think they are Microsoft. Then they will say they are calling about some security software that was installed on your system in the past and that they received notification that there is security concern. Or they may point you to the event log in Windows that always has errors. They'll say, look at the errors. We can help you with that. In reality there is nothing wrong. Then they go into their sales pitch to get your credit card number. If you give it to them, you provided the card information with intent and it's tough to dispute because you agreed. Beware, Microsoft will never call you about a "security concern".

It sounds like there's another racket going on "representing" HP. Beware. Just say BS and hang up.

This is a bit off topic, but consumers should be aware of these scams.

-killhellokitty

Did they ID the correct MAC address of that computer? If so, they probably have some HP monitoring software that comes installed with their factory HP laptop images. For this reason, I ALWAYS wipe the hard drive and install a clean OS on any new laptop.