Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.102.112
bchurl

New Shibby Tomato upgrade killed just setup and tested config

Anyone have any experience with new Shibby? I thought I would try setting up AirVPN on my router again (RT-N66U) and after a bit of searching for the right help file it was working as it should, although as annoying slow as ever. But then I noticed that there was a new version of the firmware I'm using , (tomato by shibby) revision 140. Anyone have any experience with this? Because now I get nothing. I've gone back and redone everything a couple times, still nothing. Everything looks exactly the same to me.

I have used that newer firmware on the same type of router and it worked fine. Now Im using a Netgear R7000 That its going slow can be a DNS issue or Wifi setup thing... I had other problems with the OpenVPN settings specifically. I have looked at  different guides I came to a mixed conclusion that currently works fine for me. Maybe it can work for you as well. 

tomato.png

Basic tab (use your server of choice):

screen1.png

Advanced tab:

screen2.png

Then the keys (static, ca, client and key) and Im using a routing policy.

screen3.png

And then the wifi settings:

wifi.png

The segmented:

wifi2.png

I almost forgot that even though I live in a EU country that is listed in the Wireless settings "Country / Region" i use "EU" as that made a huge difference for the better. I also made some other adjustments of course, but this little setting alone was crucial.