Not connected, Your IP: 18.189.2.122
pr1v

Staff: Traffic Obfuscation in Openvpn with obfsproxy?

Captchas will not be avoided this way, it's totally a different metric for Google and other similar services.

DPI is avoided using SSH/SSL, which are more correct ways to work with DPI instead of using obscure protocols.

OpenVPN can work with any kind of obfuscation, such as obfsproxy, but this should only be used when your VPN

provider doesn't allow better methods to reach the entry server.

Nothing stops you from using obfsproxy before connecting, it's almost same as using Tor, but your performance will be

much worse than the already available SSL tunnel, for example.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Thank you zhang888.

Well, using ssl/ssh with Openvpn in Airvpn doesn't avoid dpi, even browsing some websites to check if you are using Openvpn tells you that you are in fact using it. I know some other VPNs use socks5 to reduce these captchas and stay less exposed using bittorrent and browsers. About obfsproxy: isn't it easier if you already have it in Eddie?. I know it's not for everyone to use or need but could help in the cases you mention.

Thank you zhang888. Well, using ssl/ssh with Openvpn in Airvpn doesn't avoid dpi, even browsing some websites to check if you are using Openvpn tells you that you are in fact using it. I know some other VPNs use socks5 to reduce these captchas and stay less exposed using bittorrent and browsers. About obfsproxy: isn't it easier if you already have it in Eddie?. I know it's not for everyone to use or need but could help in the cases you mention.

Those web sites are using MTU and 2 way ping not DPI.

And many more, for example p0f. Maybe p0f could be considered as dpi or maybe I used the wrong word and it's only a simple packet inspection.

In some websites changing the mtu is not enough. If I remember well Witch  uses p0f too.

Anyway my question is about using other tools to avoid or reduce captchas and to avoid knowing you are using vpn/proxy/etc... and for example Mullvad avoids many captchas adding socks5 and I thought obsproxy could also help, but as zhang888 said it couldn't be the case.

So, what other alternatives could help?. If the problem is that websites make a list of IPs from VPNs then it's hard to avoid or we need an "IP in the middle". And I know this will be worse and many countries could do the same as China/Russia in the future.

Thank you zhang888. Well, using ssl/ssh with Openvpn in Airvpn doesn't avoid dpi, even browsing some websites to check if you are using Openvpn tells you that you are in fact using it. I know some other VPNs use socks5 to reduce these captchas and stay less exposed using bittorrent and browsers. About obfsproxy: isn't it easier if you already have it in Eddie?. I know it's not for everyone to use or need but could help in the cases you mention.

Those web sites are using MTU and 2 way ping not DPI.