Not connected, Your IP: 3.82.3.33
Sign in to follow this  
dougiejynx

Completely undo AirVPN software install and config changes

After installing the AirVPN client, during the first run my Windows 10 system BSOD'd with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.  I believe it was at a run-time step involving a tunnel creation or something along those lines.  I didn't get to read all the text before I BSOD'd.  This was the first BSOD on this host which has been up and running like a champ for at least a couple of years. I have run across transient crashes on systems before that didn't seem to have any residual or repeatable effects, however since the install of the AirVPN tool, things have NOT been the same.  My CPU fan is perpetually clocking at 100%, task manager shows constant system interrupts (sometimes consuming 10% CPU), and the whole system is unstable, unusable and jumpy. I am so frustrated with myself for installing Eddie versus an unadulterated version of OpenVPN when all my instincts were screaming against it. 

I have tried uninstalling the client, network devices and a roll-back via system recovery (which always fails, cause thanks Microsoft). 

Is there anything else we know about that is performed during the install of the AirVPN client?  Some other network or configuration changes that would not be rolled back while uninstalling? 

I opened a ticket but based on some of the other forum responses I am not very optimistic about a timely reply.