Not connected, Your IP: 54.152.5.73
TheHellSite

How to install Eddie via repository?

Yes, it is possible, actually the guides are in the link you posted, depending on your GNU/Linux distribution.

Unless you have any issues with this process, which is described there step by step, there are no other things you should make from your side.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

I am pretty much new to linux, so I totally understand if my topic sounds stupid to you.

I managed to install the maintainer key and add the stable ppa repo.
But I don't know how to start the installation from that point...

Also should I install it using an su shell, with sudo or without root.

Oh and I am using Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon.

You'll find a software packages app which has a graphical user interface (GUI).  There you can search and find all kinds of apps.  Search for Eddie and I bet you'll find the AirVPN Eddie app.  You can install it from there.

What if you don't use debian?  There's a key for rpm, but no rpm repo to add to your source list.  I use Fedora 25 on my laptop and want to test it out.  i added rpm free and non-free repos already, and searching eddie or airvpn does not show any results.  can it be installed via repo on Fedora too?

-sanc